SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    For the love of a good 22lr pistol.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For the love of a good 22lr pistol. Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldRoger:
quote:
I have not owned a 41, i am at a loss as to which era to pick up.

Mine are both '60s era pistols with cocking indicators. However, I see little difference between the old ones and new. Actually there seems to be little difference in price either.
I suppose somewhere there is someone who has worn one out, no one that I know has done so.

I bought one of mine new and the other from another target shooter, both have shot at least 100k rounds.
I have done very little but replace springs and one mag release.

If something happened to one of mine I would not hesitate to buy either used or new. The trigger out of the box is as good as any production pistol made. Usually 2#+ a couple of ounces and very repeatable. Trigger travel to break is very, very, short.

Barrels are available and easy to change, if you watch you can find a Bully Barrel (Ray-Vin) which is great for Red-Dots.

mine is a 60's era as well,

picked it up with a 5.5" and 7.5" barrel (7.5 has the brake and set up with an antique Aimpoint 1000)

both barrels shoot far better than I am capable,

and absolutely reliable

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Yes, my friend post up that family photo.

With the exception of the NEOS, here's the Beretta Family ...

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Yes, my friend post up that family photo.

With the exception of the NEOS, here's the Beretta Family ...

Very nice, i only have two berettas. The 87t which was my first and a tomcat 3032. I really like noth of them. I am liking those 70's

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
The top one is a 71, it came with a fake suppressor which I removed and installed a thread protector. It has a 1/2x20 thread pitch.

quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
I shot a new PPK in 22, and it had jam after jam after misfire after misfire. Mayyy have been the ammo - just a 50 round box of federal stuff - nothing special. but it was a bit disappointing to say the least.

I had a HK Model 4 which was the same way ... the only ammo it liked was cci mini-max

posted Hide Post
Can not quite tell, but one looks a lot like the best Beretta - the 1934. Stone simple and reliable.

Just measured the trigger of new Mark IV 22/45 Lite at just over 5 pounds-force. At last a Mark that can be dealt with even though the Victory remains best value in 22.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
My only serious regret regarding sales/purchases of firearms, was my sale of a Ruger MkII Target model.

I had a nice Stainless MkII target which I made the mistake of taking to a gun-show ... I priced it to where I thought no one in their right mind would buy it ... but I was wrong. I ended up replacing it with the MkIII Hunter ... I forget what model these grips came off of but after buying them I still had money left over. I really had no use for the SiG red-dots, they came with a couple SiG 556's ... but they work well on the Rugers

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
I shot a new PPK in 22, and it had jam after jam after misfire after misfire. Mayyy have been the ammo - just a 50 round box of federal stuff - nothing special. but it was a bit disappointing to say the least.

Member Ed Fowler has found his PPK .22LR to be reliable. Don't know which ammo he uses.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8949 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, the 87t is a super nice gun. I like the smooth rolling trigger. Some do not like the trigger at all.
<snip>

Others have mentioned the rolling trigger too – notably LDBennet, who posts on RimFireCentral. But my newer 87T (Jan, 2016) has a two-stage trigger. Less significantly, the serrations on its bolt are more closely spaced than those on yours.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8949 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
But my newer 87T (Jan, 2016) has a two-stage trigger.

Yup, the bane of my 87T as well. Needs trigger work badly.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I toyed with the idea of switching out the internals of my 87T with the parts for a standard 87 DA/SA trigger. I would prefer it in that format since the trigger isn't even close to what I call "target". But a DA/SA 87T would be kind of cool and useful. Or more useful.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JD83
posted Hide Post

(middle right is a .380)

(second from bottom is a 22 magnum)

Posts: 352 | Location: Blue Heaven  | Registered: April 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I've been looking for a 4 inch but couldn't pass up another 5 inch Target model in the black. Mags are plentiful. Trigger is crisp.

Mixup98 22/45
https://youtu.be/D-GO6ag8QX0

Posts: 3519 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SigSentry, nice pistol.

I just finished cleaning the MKII I just purchased and man, it was super clean inside ! Not sure how many rounds down the pipe with that one but it really didn't look like much. Either that or the previous owner took the whole damn thing apart and cleaned every single piece before selling it to the gun store.

I have the reassembly down pat now.

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
My only .22 Pistol.

Pre-lock, 4", 10 shot, stainless 617.

It is a ton of fun, but sadly does not get shot that much.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
My only .22 Pistol.

Pre-lock, 4", 10 shot, stainless 617.

It is a ton of fun, but sadly does not get shot that much.

I have a pre lock 6 inch. I do shoot mine a lot. Check out Speed beez

https://www.speedbeez.com/prod...g-block-with-case-2/

With this, you will shoot it a ton more.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
I've been looking for a 4 inch but couldn't pass up another 5 inch Target model in the black. Mags are plentiful. Trigger is crisp.

Mixup98 22/45
https://youtu.be/D-GO6ag8QX0

I think i bought my 22/45 in 95 or 96. I had it drilled and tapped. 2x fine leupould put on it. I loved shooting that. best 10 shot group from a sand bag was just large enough to put a pencil through. fun gun, ate tens thousands of 22lr.

posted Hide Post
Ok, here's one that has been brought back from the dead.

Several years ago a friend of mine inherited a bunch of hand guns and was wanting to sell off a few. This High Standard Sentinel MK I 9 shot revolver was one of those offered for sale so I snatched it up. I took it to a range and nothing but "light strikes". I dropped it off at some "gunsmith" (...and I use that term lightly) who had it for over a year and basically did nothing. I got disgusted and took it back from him and sought the assistance from my Uncle who has a machine shop.

He's not a gun guy but, he knows metals and tolerances. After looking at it for a bit, he said he could fix it by making a new firing pin. We were able to get the firing pin out of the revolver and he went and measured it, and drew what it looked like on paper with the measurements.

2 weeks later he has a firing pin ready for testing. We insert it in the gun and give it a go. BANG everytime !!! This man sorted out the problem with this gun in a matter of minutes and was able to make the part that would fix the issue. Yup, he brought this one back from the dead.

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's cool. I have not seen one in a long, long time.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striperkid:
Ok, here's one that has been brought back from the dead.

Several years ago a friend of mine inherited a bunch of hand guns and was wanting to sell off a few. This High Standard Sentinel MK I 9 shot revolver was one of those offered for sale so I snatched it up. I took it to a range and nothing but "light strikes". I dropped it off at some "gunsmith" (...and I use that term lightly) who had it for over a year and basically did nothing. I got disgusted and took it back from him and sought the assistance from my Uncle who has a machine shop.

He's not a gun guy but, he knows metals and tolerances. After looking at it for a bit, he said he could fix it by making a new firing pin. We were able to get the firing pin out of the revolver and he went and measured it, and drew what it looked like on paper with the measurements.

2 weeks later he has a firing pin ready for testing. We insert it in the gun and give it a go. BANG everytime !!! This man sorted out the problem with this gun in a matter of minutes and was able to make the part that would fix the issue. Yup, he brought this one back from the dead.

This is exactly what this thread is for. The love of a good 22lr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DSgrouse,

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I had gone to the range to day for a bit, and as usual I decided to stop in at the LGS ... it was on the way! The proprietor passed away last year and his son had been running the store for the past few years and had decided to put the place up for sale and retire (he's 65-70 anyway)

He said he'd been going through drawers and cubby-holes in the shop and kept finding old guns and he had a pair (nonconsecutive) of Mossburg Brownies in amazing condition ... I've only seen maybe 2 in my entire life ... the plastic is getting a bit thin but I really wanted them!

Next time I do a family picture of 22 pistols they'll probably be up by the Colt Lord and Lady ...