SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tell me about the Sig SP2340
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me about the Sig SP2340 Login/Join 
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
Question: What is the caliber interchangeability on the SP 2022? Can you put a .40 S&W slide on a 9MM frame?

^^^Yes

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
Question: What is the caliber interchangeability on the SP 2022? Can you put a .40 S&W slide on a 9MM frame?

^^^Yes

Nice, time to go shopping.

Posts: 4547 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Got one about 8 months ago in .40 S&W off the big green gun auction site, but it had a mag disconnect, was an LEO turn it. Had to send it to Robert at the Sig Armorer to get that crap off.

Then I bought a brand new .357 Sig bbl from Sig themselves, but it would bind up on the slide catch lever's post that runs through the barrel and slide, I would get a failure to go fully into battery about every fifth round. I sent it back to Robert to fit, but it still didn't work 100%, still had a noticeable grinding feel as the slide travelled its last 1/8" back into battery. Didn't want to have pay for postage *again* to Robert to get it done right, so I took it to a local gunsmith who polished it up internally. It functions 100% now, but still has a slight grinding feel that last 1/16" of inch or so going back into battery.

Lesson? New wine into old wineskins. Putting a brand new barrel with sharp edges into a used SigPro may not result in perfect functioning right off the bat, smithing may need be done to get it to run right.

As far as the gun itself? Fantastic 'tackle box' box. That's not damning it with feigned praise, either. It's a great, functional, accurate alternative to your expensive Sig P226 Stainless Elite with wood grips that you don't wanna hork up by dragging it around everywhere.

It's like having an older daily driver hotrod, like say a '99 Firebird Formula, that runs like a banshee, works every time, is tough as Hell, a lot of fun and easier on the mind when out in the wild doing your thing. You're not going to worry about a few rock chips or a door ding or two. But it helps keep your very nice 2015 Corvette Stingray ragtop in the garage and off parking lots away from careless, dumbass louts that'll run their crappy rice-boy Honda VTEC into your rear bumper when parking, or let their shopping carts roll into your door. You get to save the really nice piece to enjoy it on occasion, but have the older, less pricey understudy to use everyday without worry.

The SP2340 is accurate, tough, feels good with the correct size grips and requires no touch ups to your muscle memory if you have any experience with the Sig Classic P-Series pistols. Nothing to dislike here!

Posts: 794 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the replies, unfortunately that Sig ia unobtainable; but I gor a SP2022 9mm instead.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colby Bruce:
I appreciate the replies, unfortunately that Sig ia unobtainable; but I gor a SP2022 9mm instead.

You'll love it!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
What's the difference between a 2340 and a 2022?

The Sig Pro comes standard as a double-action/single action pistol with 10 lb and 4.5 lb trigger pulls, respectively. Double-action only conversion kits are also available from SIG.

SP 2340: The original pistol introduced in 1998. It has a rounded trigger guard and is chambered for .40 S&W and .357 SIG.

SP 2009: 9×19mm Parabellum version announced in 1999.

SPC 2009: A shorter version of the SP 2009 with a 3.58" barrel length and only available in 9 mm. It is equipped with the SIG accessory rail system and the trigger guard is rounded. This is the basis for the SPC 2022

SP2009-9-BMS: A variant of the standard SP 2009 with a slide-mounted manual safety and short trigger. These were offered for a short time to the U.S. civilian market.

SP 2022: A modified version of the SP 2009/2340. It entered service with the French Police, Customs, Penitentiary administration and Gendarmerie in 2002 for a planned service life of 20 years, hence the name. 460,000 rounds have been used for testing it before adoption by a sampling of future users and modifications of the SIG Pro followed to produce the 2022. It is available in 9×19mm, .40 S&W and .357 SIG. The pistol is fitted with an integral Picatinny rail instead of the proprietary rail of the other models and the front trigger guard is shaped differently so as to allow a finger hold. It can also be equipped with a threaded barrel and detachable suppressor and the fixed open sights are dovetailed into the slide.

SPC 2022: A more compact version of the SP 2022 that is only available in 9×19mm. The SPC 2022 has a slightly shorter barrel and slide, as well as flat magazine base plates which make its grip shorter by 7 mm. It is equipped with a Picatinny rail and a finger groove trigger guard.
many thanks to both of you for your info

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post