SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tell me about the Sig SP2340
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me about the Sig SP2340 Login/Join 
posted
A LGS has had a 2340, .357 Sig since March, priced at $399.99. The box, spare mags, extra grip got lost at some point. I felt like it was priced $100.00 too high. Yesterday one of the salesmen called me to let me know the box and things had turned up. I own a P239, Glock 31 and 32, so I don't need the SP2340...I just want it.

Talk me into or out of it please.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
I bought mine as a .40S&W and purchased a 357SIG barrel. I got mine for dirt cheap. I cleaned it and replaced the recoil rod and spring and its a brand new gun

SIG has a sale on magazines right now on them

SP2340 Mags on sale

I really like mine.

I think should should get it cheaper as .357sig guns are kinda hard to sell.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well the SigPro line was a steal a couple years back. Got my two-tone 9mm SP2022 new for $350. But since then, enough people scooped them up at great prices and talked them up and demand went up. So prices followed.

I'd agree that's high for used. But I think they dropped .357 as an offering for the SP2022.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1858 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tad bit high but that is what they are going for now. I would buy it at that price BUT I have been looking everywhere for a 2340 or a SP2002 in .357sig.

I contacted Sig regarding the SP2002 and they have discontinued them. They are out there but they are pricey.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Damn, and they know you want it too. Hopefully they will give you a bit of a break on the OTD price. Add a factory 9mm barrel.

Posts: 3481 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Years ago I bought a .40 caliber 2340 from a friend and added a 357 Sig barrel. It was an outstnding shooter. It was great in 40 but was stellar in 357 IMO. Later on I added a Bar-Sto 9mm conversion barrel to it. Great pistol, as are all Pro's. I did end up selling the whole thing when I got a 2022 9mm.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
What's the difference between a 2340 and a 2022?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3175 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I have a 2340 in 357Sig that I bought new in March 2001 (came with 2 10rd mags, it did not come with a spare grip). I bought more 10 and 12 rd mags. It has been a great gun, never any problems, and it was my first 357Sig. I will never get rid of it. It now serves as a hidden gun in one of the rooms in my house.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:

The accessory rail on the 2340 was proprietary for one thing.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Sig Pro comes standard as a double-action/single action pistol with 10 lb and 4.5 lb trigger pulls, respectively. Double-action only conversion kits are also available from SIG.

SP 2340: The original pistol introduced in 1998. It has a rounded trigger guard and is chambered for .40 S&W and .357 SIG.

SP 2009: 9×19mm Parabellum version announced in 1999.

SPC 2009: A shorter version of the SP 2009 with a 3.58" barrel length and only available in 9 mm. It is equipped with the SIG accessory rail system and the trigger guard is rounded. This is the basis for the SPC 2022

SP2009-9-BMS: A variant of the standard SP 2009 with a slide-mounted manual safety and short trigger. These were offered for a short time to the U.S. civilian market.

SP 2022: A modified version of the SP 2009/2340. It entered service with the French Police, Customs, Penitentiary administration and Gendarmerie in 2002 for a planned service life of 20 years, hence the name. 460,000 rounds have been used for testing it before adoption by a sampling of future users and modifications of the SIG Pro followed to produce the 2022. It is available in 9×19mm, .40 S&W and .357 SIG. The pistol is fitted with an integral Picatinny rail instead of the proprietary rail of the other models and the front trigger guard is shaped differently so as to allow a finger hold. It can also be equipped with a threaded barrel and detachable suppressor and the fixed open sights are dovetailed into the slide.

SPC 2022: A more compact version of the SP 2022 that is only available in 9×19mm. The SPC 2022 has a slightly shorter barrel and slide, as well as flat magazine base plates which make its grip shorter by 7 mm. It is equipped with a Picatinny rail and a finger groove trigger guard.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
beat me to it and more thoroughly Smile

quote:

Biggest visual difference you will see is a pic rail on a 2022 and a proprietary rail on the 2009/2340.

The original Sig Pro's were released in a 9mm version (2009) and a 40/357 version (2340). They has Swiss frames. When they added the picatinny rail (with rounded edges) they changed the model number to 2022 (as this was the pistol selected by the French police) and this model number came in all three calibers. The first frames were made in Germany until Sig NH started producing them. The Sig NH 2022's can be distinguished from the German frame 2022's buy having an actual picatinny rail without rounded edges like the German framed 2022's.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
To say the least, the SIGPro is an under rated and undervalued pistol in all calibers. SIG has committed that the Pro is not leaving their line up anytime soon. Out of the box, the gun comes with the most consistent out of the box DA and SA. More aftermarket stuff is coming available in the near future. It is a win/win for the value.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37078 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
A Sigpro SP2340 was my first Sig back in 2004. I really wanted a 2-tone 229 though so I sold it and bought the 229. Never really warmed up to the Sigpro.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I have a 2022 in 357SIG. It's relatively light, compact and accurate, and perceived recoil, while noticeable, is not enough to be a distraction or pain. A 200 to 250 round range session is only slightly more tiring (which I define as having the front sight jump around too much for further shooting to be worthwhile) than the same amount of ammo through a 226ST. IMHO, it might be comparable if the grip frame of the 2022 were canted forward just a wee bit more. The 2022 shoots well enough that it might benefit from a longer sight radius but shoots very well (for me) for a compact pistol.

If the price looks right to you and the proprietary rail doesn't matter to you, my advice is to go for it.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I booted up my laptop Saturday evening and saw this post I figured it wouldn't be very long until J. Jones chimed in. What he failed to mention is that his SP 2022 was his pistol of choice when he instructed our Advanced Pistol Marksmanship class the previous day in Paducah. He clearly demonstrated the capabilities of his box stock 2022 that day and proved its accuracy over the various courses of fire.

Myself, I had purchased my SP 2022 last year when PSA had them on sale. I did shoot it some, but have been focused on my P320 this year. Looks like its time to get it out of the vault and put some rounds thru it.

The SIGPro series is definitely a great value.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
More aftermarket stuff is coming available in the near future.

Hmmmmm, can you be more specific?
Big Grin

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merc50:
When I booted up my laptop Saturday evening and saw this post I figured it wouldn't be very long until J. Jones chimed in. What he failed to mention is that his SP 2022 was his pistol of choice when he instructed our Advanced Pistol Marksmanship class the previous day in Paducah. He clearly demonstrated the capabilities of his box stock 2022 that day and proved its accuracy over the various courses of fire.

Myself, I had purchased my SP 2022 last year when PSA had them on sale. I did shoot it some, but have been focused on my P320 this year. Looks like its time to get it out of the vault and put some rounds thru it.

The SIGPro series is definitely a great value.

How could sig run a special on the sp2022? What is their going price? I got mine about 400 years ago, 3 atleast, and its awesome. Night sights, Exter built, a nice gun. I have only one issue from it, and that it does not like 115 gr anything. ANYTHING. I can use 124 no issue. Cheap, expensive, whatever. I try 115gr, and I can time until I have a FTE.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
More aftermarket stuff is coming available in the near future.

Hmmmmm, can you be more specific?
Big Grin

Sure. We are currently evaluating a bunch of options that will be available for the Pro. I posted a thread several months ago about what end users would like to see. We took that data and started looking a projects. Currently, we are prototyping a short reset mechanism for the Pro. Springer Precision is working with us for several projects that have included flat base plates, extended magazine additions, and a couple of really cool things I don't want to release just yet. Scott is a sharp guy and is on board with the project.

Stay tuned. The Pro is a blank slate and we are working on it. Oh, and SIG has a couple of great ideas. Whether they come to fruition or not, I don't know. But, we shall see.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37078 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
SP2340 Mags on sale

I have a few 2340's. The triggers are actually smoother than my P229's. I think of them as plastic P229's.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Question: What is the caliber interchangeability on the SP 2022? Can you put a .40 S&W slide on a 9MM frame?

Posts: 4539 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post