SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220R, SRT, N/S, anygood?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220R, SRT, N/S, anygood? Login/Join 
posted
Been considering getting a W220R-45-BSS-SRT to replace my 220ST w/light for HD duties, what's the consensus on this model? Good to go? Overbearingly boring because they're just so dependable?...this model has the short external extractor which I don't mind, and I want to try out the SRT (short reset), compared to my standard trigger.

Comments appreciated...Thanks!

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It's just the regular Nitron model. Supposed to have 3 mags, as it's goverment/LE gun.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well you know me, changing ever so so slowy...just felt it was time to go to something a little lighter, and try the SRT out.

Even thinking of replacing my old 220 West German back up gun, what is happening to me...out with the really old, in with the fairly old.

Question: Did Sig ever put out a railed 220 in Carbon Steel like they did with the 226R-GER?

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The SRT does make a big difference. The change in reset length is by no means subtle, I wouldn't own a P series without it at this point.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a killer deal on a P220 ASE. The SRT is sweet.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Strambo, yeah the SRT would be the most significant upgrade, especially for my primary HD gun. Hopefully I won't like it too much and change out whatever P series I have left....my wallet feels thin already.Big Grin

Also thought of replacing my 220 W. German with a 220R Compact, remember seeing those on CDNN for sale cheap, but can't seem to find any now.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
There is always the possibility of adding the short reset kit to your 220ST. It can be done in 15 minutes or so.

Heck, it will even work in your West German P220, or at least it did in my 1983 7.65mm.

Two SRT kits are cheaper than another Sig, but then again if you needed an excuse to buy another Sig...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You got me on that one...just feels like the ST has done it's best for me all these years, but change happens eventually even to the stubborn like me. So it will have to go, sort of a rite of passage thing, then one dark stormy day unlike all others...I may have to get me a 365, my fist striker fired gun! Just so many positive reviews following the first year problemo for that gun, hope its still around by the time I'm ready. Wink