SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X-Mark adapter for P250c magazines?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Mark adapter for P250c magazines? Login/Join 
posted
Any one here used the X-Mark adapters for P250C magazines in P250sc grips?
If so, what are your opinions?

Looking at a 9mm P250sc but the grip is so darn short.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I have used them on a P320 subcompact with compact magazines. They fill the gap as intended. There's not much more to say. They just slip over the magazine tube.

CompactXMag by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I think you mean "X-Grip" adapters.

I've used them on my P320, whose grips and mags are the same as the P250. Here's a shot of a Compact magazine with X-Grip adapter in a Subcompact grip module.

My only real complaint about them is that the adapters are much more loose than those on other types of magazines. I've used X-Grip adapters on Glocks and M&Ps too. The P320 adapters tend to slide around a lot more on loose magazines, such as when carrying a spare magazine with an adapter installed. The adapters for other brands tend to stay in place better. Not a huge deal, though.

But if the SC grip is too short for you, and you're going to carry with a Compact magazine and X-Grip adapter all the time, you might as well just get a Compact instead. The extra 0.3" in barrel/slide length won't be any harder to conceal, and you won't have to mess with adapters.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rogue;
Yes, XGrip. Thank you.

The reason I asked was . . . a LGS had a used P250sc for sale for a really good price. I was tempted, but the short SC grip left me with the Dreaded & Despised Dangling Digit.
In other words, my pinkie finger had no where to go.
I don't know about anyone else, but I hate that!
So I thought I could justify the purchase by getting a couple of XGrip adapters.

posted Hide Post
P.S.
Thank you, Gary & Rogue for the pictures and feedback.

posted Hide Post
P.P.S.
Went by there this afternoon and the SC was gone.
Oh well . . . Karma, I guess.

posted Hide Post
If you find another one, be advised that Obsidian Arms makes aluminum magazine baseplates to extend the grip on SC 250s or 320s. They ain't cheap, but they're pret'near indestructible.

https://obsidianarms.com/produ.../magazine-base-pads/

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Personally, I'd rather have the additional rounds of the Compact magazine when extending the length of the SC grip.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Personally, I'd rather have the additional rounds of the Compact magazine when extending the length of the SC grip.

True -- I tend to forget that because I live in one of those $&*#($# states where the magazine can only hold ten rounds, not matter how big it is.

For reloading drills I'd rather have the standard SC mag with Obsidian base because they're sturdy enough to take a lot of bouncing off the ground. The X-Grip adapters are just slip-fit and won't necessarily stay in place with rough handling. But for all real-world purposes, I'd say yes, go with a Compact magazine and X-Grip.

A Subcompact with an X-Grip is more concealable than a Compact, not only because of the slightly shorter barrel/slide, but because it has no rail, making the grip frame a bit slimmer up front.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post