SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Can the grip modules be painted?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can the grip modules be painted? Login/Join 
posted
I have the original grip modules from my two P250sc's. Can these be painted or coated successfully? I thought of turning one pink and one purple to swap onto the 9mm when my daughter goes shooting with me.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I doubt you'd want to paint it. However, Cerakote appears to work well. Have several friends with P320's Cerakoted. Also seen several posts here with happy P320 Cerakote shooters. Grip frame module same as the P250.

The good news is that if the grip frame module has to be sent out, it's not considered a firearm. Inexpensive shipping.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was able to dye a similar frame for an SAR CZ clone, but it was pink and I dyed it black. Going lighter likely would not work.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
I used alumahyde paint sold by Brownells (spelling may be off) for my FS. Seems to holding up well since 2014.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
KRYLON has aerosol paint specifically for plastic. I've considered it but I like the black frames.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an FDE and a black medium grip size with the rail modules for my guns, the original modules will likely never be used again, so I will get artistic with them.

How about hydo dipping?

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have used this paint on plastic holsters and stocks with pretty good results. It’s not indestructible, but it holds up reasonably well.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colby Bruce:
I have an FDE and a black medium grip size with the rail modules for my guns, the original modules will likely never be used again, so I will get artistic with them.

How about hydo dipping?

That's basically a decal. Neat process though. An object is immersed into a tank with the desired graphic floating on top of the water. The graphic attaches to the object. It may not be tough enough to withstand regular holstering without abrasion removing the graphic. The biggest advantage is only your imagination limits choices of graphic.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rustoleum Paint for Plastic sticks pretty darn well. I've used it on rifle stocks with good results.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post