SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Let's talk grips on the fastback
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's talk grips on the fastback Login/Join 
posted
So I have changed my main carry from a XD .45 to a emperor scorpion fastback. I have noticed the grips really are aggressive and tend to scratch my side pretty good.

Does anyone have a holster suggestion or grip suggestion to eliminate the unwanted irritation?

Posts: 3 | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
Check out LOK grips. They make a G10 grip with a round butt like for the Fastback. They have about 8 different textures of varying aggressiveness. The Classics and Semis will be a lot less aggressive, the LOK OPS and the Bogies the most aggressive. Everything else is somewhere in the middle.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get on Amazon and check out Cool Hand Grips. They make them for bobtails. Priced right too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. I'll check them out

Posts: 3 | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Sandpaper

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
Sandpaper

Bob

If you're sanding G10 make sure you're doing it in a well-ventilated area with proper PPE. Stuff is nasty in particulate form.
If it were me I'd do it outside, upwind, with a decent set of gloves, mask, and eye protection.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I intentionally use "aggressive" grips on my pistols. Light sanding will easily remove the high spots. Don't go crazy with the sand paper, you can't undo. When you've reached your goal wipe the grips down. I use a rag dampened with WD40 to return the luster.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by caneau:
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
Sandpaper

Bob

If you're sanding G10 make sure you're doing it in a well-ventilated area with proper PPE. Stuff is nasty in particulate form.
If it were me I'd do it outside, upwind, with a decent set of gloves, mask, and eye protection.

I've wet-sanded G-10, under running water. Hoping I didn't contaminate the water table.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post