SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The RTF-2 fish gills are back...,
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The RTF-2 fish gills are back..., Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glow:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
"Glock reintroduced because of huge demand...limited time offer..."

Translation: we found some rtf frames and slides in the warehouse and want to get rid of them.
Your translator is faulty.
Actually, I believe he is correct. I'll explain why when I have a bit more time.

Posts: 107554 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by glow:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
"Glock reintroduced because of huge demand...limited time offer..."

Translation: we found some rtf frames and slides in the warehouse and want to get rid of them.
Your translator is faulty.
Actually, I believe he is correct. I'll explain why when I have a bit more time.

If, and when you get the time, I would definitely love to hear what you have to say about it. If these are the exact same frames and slides from the original run, I absolutely want to get a 17 from this release.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Well Glock DID seem to run out of the fish gills for the compact frame the first time around; the G19 RTF2 was first available with the gills, then the standard straight serrated slide came later on to finish out the run. At the time I could still find an occasional gilled G23 but the fish gill G19s were all but a memory when I finally got around to buying a RTF2. Only straight serrated G19 RTFs were available, so I bought my gilled G17 instead. I don't recall the G17 or G22 RTF2s ever coming with the standard slide prior to the Lipsey's Vickers/Tango Down package going live a couple or so years ago.

If they're building these from an old stock of slides, then it would make sense as to why the Chapter 2 version of the G19 RTF2 is without the fish gills. Probably means that the original gilled compacts will have even HIGHER asking prices as a result.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Well Glock DID seem to run out of the fish gills for the compact frame the first time around; the G19 RTF2 was first available with the gills, then the standard straight serrated slide came later on to finish out the run. At the time I could still find an occasional gilled G23 but the fish gill G19s were all but a memory when I finally got around to buying a RTF2. Only straight serrated G19 RTFs were available, so I bought my gilled G17 instead. I don't recall the G17 or G22 RTF2s ever coming with the standard slide prior to the Lipsey's Vickers/Tango Down package going live a couple or so years ago.
In a nutshell, that's it. I looked all over Hell and back for an RTF2 G17 with straight slide serrations. There was one advertising pic from Glock of a G17 so configured, but none ever made it to the market. I looked and looked, called stores, haunted Gunbroker, etc. None to be found.

More G19s are sold in this country than G17s. When they ran out of the G19 with the curved serrations, they went to the standard slides.
Glock is not planning to offer the G19 RTF2 with the curved serrations, and I offer the above as evidence that the G17 slides being offered now are from the original run in 2009 or whenever it was.

Posts: 107554 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
My non-value add for the day; I REALLY want to replace one of my new Gen 3 frames with an RTF frame. I HAD a gillie G19 a few years ago and kick my own ass daily for having to sell it.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post