SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I blame you all, HK MK23. Descion made, Photos on page what ever.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I blame you all, HK MK23. Descion made, Photos on page what ever. Login/Join 
posted
I finally was able to put a p210a in my hands last weekend. Right next to it was a HK MK23. Then i see the MK 23 thread here.

My first pistol is a USP with well over 50k through it. I have USP Tac 9, USP 45. So now you bad for my bank account folks have me wondering which one should be next.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DSgrouse,

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
You're asking which to buy? Buy the P210A first, then later buy the Mk23. The P210 is more comfortable to shoot, but you've got two of the most accurate pistols made to choose from.

You've already got a USP Tactical, which is a Mk23 for normal sized people. Go P210.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have jonesed for a p210 for years. Finally getting the chance to hold one of the new p210A's I was a bit underwhelmed. I had been able to shoot the previous reincarnation p210 and thought it was great. The new one's sights picked up cleanly, grips felt fantastic, yet I just don't know. When I picked up the MK23, I was instantly reminded of the 15 years I had carried my USP. It felt like home. I put it aside, then came here the other night and found the MK23 thread.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Arc has some good advice. I have a USP 45T so I may be biased. But you already have the little brother. Get something a tad different or buy both!

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New P210 ain't a Swiss one. I'd rather have a CZ Shadow 2 than a new P210.

It's big, it's ridiculous, but there is only one MK23.

People will say lots of things about how it's impractical, yaddy yadda.

If you want practical buy a Glock 19. Get the Mark and the KAC suppressor.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
You've already got a USP Tactical, which is a Mk23 for normal sized people. Go P210.

Of those two, I agree with Arc's assessment.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
You're asking which to buy? Buy the P210A first, then later buy the Mk23. The P210 is more comfortable to shoot, but you've got two of the most accurate pistols made to choose from.

^^^^ This.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I'm with Arc on this.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Never cared for the Mk23. So, I'd take the P210A.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have handled and shot the MK23, I'll pass.

The P210A wins out.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Do you have a SIG X5? I love my 9mm X5 Competition with its Robert Burke action job and Hogue G10 checkered grips.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At this juncture the MK 23 is the harder pistol to locate and buy. If I was interested in both I would buy the very limited ( not sure perhaps out of?) production H&K, as down the road when finance permits it will be easier to find the sig I believe.

Posts: 3286 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Do you have a SIG X5? I love my 9mm X5 Competition with its Robert Burke action job and Hogue G10 checkered grips.

X5 allround with burke's goodies. Bhp from ted yost. Half dozen dan wesson 1911, dw 715, two 686+, p226elite sao, freedom arms 83 premier,jerico 941, hk
usp 9mmtac, usp 40/45, p225.

To many past guns to list.

posted Hide Post
I don't have a 210, but do have a Mark23, along with 11 other Hk's, so I am a bit of a fanboy. I think the mark 23 has a little more use value, meaning you could use it as a house gun, bring camping, on drives, etc. as well as range fun. If you're into suppressors then there's that, too. Plus, it's a legend in terms of it's durability and reliability. I would like to get a 210 someday, but can't really find anything I would use it for. Ultimately either choice will be a good one.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a big fan of s.a. guns so I might be a little biased. The MK 23 is a great gun and prices only seem to be increasing on there. Tough choice.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Sig all the way. Mk23s are cool in their own right and if funds allow, add one in. But the P210 is a more "effortless" pistol in my opinion, lively and svelte in hand while being an all steel pistol.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I was really impressed by the p210 American.

However, to be honest, it's a p210 in look and feel only, not function.

In this regards, it may be a better handgun overall.

Nuances make a difference to me and I am able to accept the American 210 for what it is, a fantastic, we'll fitted handgun.

Hopefully, I should have enough saved by Dec. For one.

I'd like it if it were in natural stainless too, maybe a long slide as well.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I'll go against the grain and say Mk23. I own both and like both for different reasons. Seeing as the 23 would round out the HK collection and will probably be the harder gun to find in the future I would go that route.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3596 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Unless you have banana hands I would buy the P210A. I love mine.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
P210A

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post