SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bonehead Move - Laughing At Myself...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bonehead Move - Laughing At Myself... Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Don't feel too bad.

Once I was taking my newly aquired Desert Eagle to the range after cleaning it. Had the .44 rounds and everything was great. Loaded the mag, racked the slide, wouldn't go all the way. After further inspection, I found out the guy sold me the gun with a .44 barrel and mags, but with a .41 bolt. Never knew they made a .41 bolt, but now I had to buy a .44 bolt. This instantly meant I needed a .41 barrel too. Big Grin

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
When I worked at the range I cut off a lot of locks for people.

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It happens.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
When you go to the range and forget to wear your pants
You've done that too? I thought I was the only one.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How attached are you to the pistol bag? I'd have just cut the material along the zipper with whatever knife I was carrying today and been on my way. But I also have a $40 range bag, so easy replacement.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
When you go to the range and forget to wear your pants
You've done that too? I thought I was the only one.

Yep, happens a lot at the range behind the assisted living facility in my local area.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Lol. Yup, I once loaded up the Jr. Dis and drove out to the West desert with tons of ammo, targets and enthusiasm only to discover I left the mags at home. Those were some pretty disappointed younglings.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29681 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a pretty common occurrence here in NJ. Our transport laws dictate that weapons are locked in one "container" and mags and ammo locked in a separate one. The worst part is spending the first fire session at the range loading mags.

-Jeff

Posts: 170 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
One of my best friends something like that, once. Only it was a trigger lock. (He's extra cautious as there are children in the home.) He was shooting his 1911 at the time. So one of the RSOs offered to loan him his G34. He liked it so much he bought his own Smile. I liked his so much I bought my own. We liked ours so much a third friend bought his own Big Grin.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I was shooting at the range once, when the guy next to me packed up and left. He left behind a rather expensive rifle with a rather expensive scope on it. Probably $2000 in value I estimated. He didn't return by the time I left to claim his rifle, so I turned it in to the rangemaster, who gave it to the county sheriff at the end of the day as found property.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leaving something at home is still better than leaving something like a P220 compact magazine at the range to never be seen again.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I seem to do this with 45acp more than anything.

Ammo, no mag
Ammo, no gun
Gun, no ammo

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Why didn't you just shoot the lock off?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post