SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SHOT Show Reports
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SHOT Show Reports Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted
Now that Christmas has passed and SHOT is less than a month away, I'm curious if anyone will be in attendance. Like last year, I was hoping we could consolidate our inquiries for those SF members who are attending and who are kind enough to report back.

Here are my top six firearm manufacturer inquiries:

1. SIG: Is Exeter ever going to release the P938 as an all-steel model? Are we going to see the P226 X-five models produced here in the States? If yes to either of the above, when is the target date for their introduction?

2. Walther: What stainless frame (SF) versions of the PPQ are coming next and by when? Any SD/Combat SF models???

3. CZ: Any plans on producing a compact version of the Shadow 2?

4. Dan Wesson: When will the DWX full-size and compact models be introduced? Many reports say Q1 but I'll believe it when I see it.

5. LWRC: Any plans on producing their SMG in 10mm?

6. MDT: When will they officially launch their (acquired) JAE product line? Any new design elements as it relates to the JAE-700 stock? JAE-100?

Thanks in advance to any SF Reporters at the SHOT SHOW this year!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Is the Legion P938 not all steel? Mine sure feels like it. If it's not all steel, it sure seems like it.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I have been attending for the last several decades

Unfortunately a family members health issues kept me away last year and most likely this year . . . . sorry

Interesting question on a SMG chambered for 10MM Auto.

My buddies company has built up several 10 MM Auto direct impingement SMGs this year with the hope of being able to bid the Feds upcoming RFP for replacement of the aging MP5/10s

So I think these circumstances will bring us various folks dipping their feet into Pistol Caliber Carbines and SMGs chambered in the 10MM Auto Cartridge Smile

For potential bid, I have been working on the subsonic 240 grain JHP 10MM Auto loading for the integrally suppressed SMG version

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
Is the Legion P938 not all steel? Mine sure feels like it. If it's not all steel, it sure seems like it.

No, the Legion P938's frame is aluminum

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
For SIG:

- will there be optics-ready slides available for the .40S&W and 357SIG P320Fs?

- availability of the optics-ready P365XL with thumb safety?

and, of course,

- what's up with the 210 Legend Carry? That thing is years overdue.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post