SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Sauer P 365 in 45 acp next?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Sauer P 365 in 45 acp next? Login/Join 
posted
It looks like the Sig Sauer P365 in 9mm is going to sell like crazy this year. I am a 45 acp man, so I am hoping at the next SHOT Show, in 2019, they come out with a .45 acp P 365. Anybody think that might happen?

Posts: 188 | Registered: August 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, it wouldn't be the same pistol. It would necessarily be larger.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
not a chance in hell!! lol. just get a 320 SC. that should be plenty of recoil!!!

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I doubt you'll see it in any chamberings larger than 9mm. I could see them doing a .380, though I personally don't see a reason to.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am probably in the minority, but I would love a G19 sized 365. Finally, a G19 “single stack” but with good capacity. I wonder how many could fit in that package?

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 365 was built around the magazine - in 9mm.

I cannot see this being built in any other chambering.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
A Springfield XDS is likely the closest you will get.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
A 17 oz gun that shoots .45 ACP? No thank you! Might as well hold the cartridge between your thumb and fore finger and try to set it off by thumping it with something. Ouch!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
A 17 oz gun that shoots .45 ACP? No thank you! Might as well hold the cartridge between your thumb and fore finger and try to set it off by thumping it with something. Ouch!

Your post made me curious, so I did some searching.

The Khar PM45 is listed at 17.3 oz., magazine 2 oz. Never fired, or held one.

I have a XD Mod 2 that shoots great with manageable recoil. I wouldn't want anything smaller or lighter. It weighs 26 oz. Smile

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sox:
I am probably in the minority, but I would love a G19 sized 365. Finally, a G19 “single stack” but with good capacity. I wonder how many could fit in that package?

Avidity Arms PD10 then. Basically a single stack g19.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The G36 is about the same size as the XDs.

When I saw the P365, I thought it would be great in something like .357 Sig. Then I fired the P365, and I think it's really well suited to the 9X19, but probably would be a poor choice to toss in other cartridges.

The true utility of the 365 would be lost if going to .45acp, unless you want to go to a completely different pistol (which is what the 365 would be in .45...you'd be back to a P320.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seek out a good used P245.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Seek out a good used P245.

Or a .45 Shield.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. Ronin101, I would love a subcompact p320, in 45 acp. Sig makes a compact 320 45acp, but not subcompact. I wish they would bring back the P245 into new production. Yes, Kahr and Springfield have subcompact 45s, but I hope Sig Sauer come up with one.

Posts: 188 | Registered: August 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The p250 subcompact comes in .45. I have one and like it a lot.

Posts: 59 | Registered: January 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the P365 have a modular FCU like the 320? If so, a slightly larger frame just big enough to get the pinky on and match the 12rd mags (with a standard floorplate) would be sweet!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted April 28, 2018 03:23 PM Hide Post
Does the P365 have a modular FCU like the 320? I

No although it can be removed .

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Try an XDs45 Mod 2. It is similar in size to a 365 when the XDs45 flush fit 5 round mag is in place.

But I have not yet shot one. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own the XDs .45 in 3" and 4", and neither is close to the size of the P365.

The trigger isn't in the same hemisphere, either.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
My old XDS 9 had a pretty nice trigger. To me the 365's trigger action that I've sampled to date isn't all that much better, if there's even any improvement at all.

Hard for me to see a .45AUTO version being near to the same size as the 9mm 365 but then I never would've predicted the 365 being as small as it is for 9mm. Just not sure as to how much capacity improvement that there would be with a cartridge as rotund as 45AUTO.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post