SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Links to discussions on the Sig 225?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Links to discussions on the Sig 225? Login/Join 
posted
In addition to what we have on this board, would someone like to post links to any discussions of the Sig 225?

I enjoy historical aspects of the Sigs and would welcome any particularly good articles.

Meanwhile does anyone have an early Sig 225 owner's manual you would consider scanning and emailing me?

I have looked for years for a Sig 225 in the occasional good deals I find locally and managed to get one recently. I can email the date code if desired.

Thank you.

Robert

Posts: 2560 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
What is your P225's date code?

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2560 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to the armorers manual:
http://stevespages.com/pdf/sig...morer%27s_manual.pdf

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
There is not a lot of in depth Information about the P225 on the Internet. The best source are the publications of Vetter, Döblin and Rufer and articles from the DWJ archive. These sources provide Information on historic aspects but do not cover technical improvments. To get These information you have to do your own reserach getting data from sample pieces, catalogues and pictures.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks All! Perfect. The Steve's Page reference was one I read but forgot it was there.

For an analogy watch collectors here will appreciate: the 225 pistol is like a Rolex Submariner; improved watch designs come along, with ceramic and better depth or luminosity or more comfortable bracelets but the early ones are still popular.

posted Hide Post
The holy relic that is the 225 is not discussed, it is worshipped.

:P

all joking aside, I fell in love with the 225 in 1995. I searched for a 225 for years. Found one new in box, Jamie Afton told me what it was here on sig forum. 2002 contract over run for one of the alphabet soups people here in the US. Kinda special. I sold it to fun my PCP air rifle hobby.
I bought another well loved 225, a week later I found an even better deal on a 225 on sig forum classifieds. So i bought that, sold the first well loved one.

My 3rd 225 has been my most carried gun since then. Everything just clicks, size, feel, weight, recoil, sights. just, damn near perfect.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to Steven Camps review. Taken from his old Highpowers and Handguns website. He has since passed away but his site containing his old reviews is still able to be viewed.

http://www.hipowersandhandguns...G%20Sauer%20P225.htm

Posts: 1051 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
The holy relic that is the 225 is not discussed, it is worshipped.

:P

all joking aside, I fell in love with the 225 in 1995. I searched for a 225 for years. Found one new in box, Jamie Afton told me what it was here on sig forum. 2002 contract over run for one of the alphabet soups people here in the US. Kinda special. I sold it to fun my PCP air rifle hobby.
I bought another well loved 225, a week later I found an even better deal on a 225 on sig forum classifieds. So i bought that, sold the first well loved one.

My 3rd 225 has been my most carried gun since then. Everything just clicks, size, feel, weight, recoil, sights. just, damn near perfect.

I agree with everything you said but I wonder which alphabet soup agency carried it in the US

Posts: 5740 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was on of 200 ish 225s afton arms brought in 2002. Some of those went up on the private market. Jamie is gone RIP, but for late import guns he was the go to man.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:

I agree with everything you said but I wonder which alphabet soup agency carried it in the US

Back in the 80's my hometown police (Sacramento, CA) issued the 225. Officers had the choice of the 225 or the Smith model 15. Later they were offered either the 225 or 226. I remember being in elementary school in the 80's and seeing police with the 225. Now they are all Glocks. Frown

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post