SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P239 Followed Me Home
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 Followed Me Home Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted
I've always liked these, and I found this one in .357 SIG at the LGS today. SN dates between 2000 and 2003 if I read the listing correctly. It looks clean, but the barrel is pretty worn. I can feel a ridge along the line where the smiles end. Think it's anything to worry aobut?

Crappy cell pics:

Looking forward to taking it to the range!

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't worry about it, FWIW.

Great pistol you have there.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice score and looks like the finish is holding up well.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Shoot the shit out of it
I have the same gun
A real game changer should somebody wanna play...

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
The barrel wear is normal and nothing to be concerned about. The .357 SIG round imparts a lot of pressures and the barrels of that era were simple hot bluing.

Judging by the wear on the slide, that gun hasn't been shot very much.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Maybe the previous owner hadn't been told to "get some damned grease". Do lubricate the barrel tube and inside the slide nose.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Nice find, I have the same in 357Sig and put the Houge finger grips on it. I have slight smiles. As others have said, grease it an go.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new addition

I would not worry about the barrel unless the P239 is shooting poorly

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Great handgun and 357 Sig the best caliber to match with the 239.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slide looks like it’s been barely shot. The barrel however......makes me wonder if the slide was replaced at some point.

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
With a 9mm P238 barrel and recoil spring, you'll have the option of shooting that caliber out of your new pistol too. The .357 SIG magazines will function just fine with 9mm rounds, as will the .40 S&W magazines (if you should be inclined to buy one of those barrels too).

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post