SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Emperor Scorpion Carry Fastback Guide Rod?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Emperor Scorpion Carry Fastback Guide Rod? Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted
Anyone put one of Wilson's drop in guide rod to a Sig 1911 yet? I was given an Emperor Scorpion Fastback Carry for Christmas, am thinking of putting in a full length guide rod for it, wondering who much fitting might be required. And before anyone asks "Why?" I'll just say "Because".

Also, wondering what mags might fit a bit more flush...the factory Sig mags work flawlessly, but have a small ugly gap at the bottom where they stick out juuuuuust a bit too much. Wondering if a standard 7 round mil-spec type would fit better....

Thanks all!

Posts: 794 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Leave the full length guide rod where it belongs. In the parts bin.

Take your pick on mags. There are a bunch of good ones.
Tripp,Wilson,CMC,Checkmate,etc, etc.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FLGR should be a drop in part, though you will need a new spring end cap with the cut out for the guide rod to pass through. I am of the same opinion as above though. They don't provide any advantage as far as I'm concerned.

The only flush mags I have are Springfield Armory 7 rounders that shipped with my guns. I prefer the 8 round 47D from Wilson, as I tend to put magwells on all my 1911s.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post