SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got my P-320 RX First Day Results
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got my P-320 RX First Day Results Login/Join 
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted
Here in Maryland not only do we have to have a "Handgun Qualification License" we have to wait 7 days from paperwork signing for delivery, sucks. Fight like hell when your elected ones try this BS. In any case I was able to touch the P-320RX, feels good. Can't wait to hit some metal with it. I'll post my thoughts next week. Chris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris Anchor,

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
That sucks Chris. But you’ll have it in your hand soon. I’m happy as shit that Beretta said F U to the politicians there and is building a whole new factory in Tennessee.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Waiting period is an oxymoron. If you buy a gun to commit a crime or violence, it's premeditated and not an act of "passion". Also, if you buy one to commit suicide, you are just going to do it a thousand other way.

When I lived in IL, they had a 72 hour wait on handguns and 24 hours on long guns as well. Then I moved to WI, we had a 48 hours on handguns and none for long guns. A couple of years ago, they removed it. Now, as long as you pass the background check, you are GTG!

Posts: 1350 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Better than my 10 day waiting period in California.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3477 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Today I picked up my new P320RTX and put the battery in and out to the front yard to hit some metal plates. First zeroed at the factory, if so someone unzeroed it, had to work to get on. Irons were as they should be dead on. About 20 rounds into play time/sighting the Romeo stops working? Then it pops back on then nothing. I certainly was moving the gun and or myself but it went dead. Let it sit picked it up and the dot is there. I'm going to change battery to see if that's the problem but normally CRs either work or not. I give some more range time before I send it back. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make sure you use a metal screw driver to tighten down the battery cap. Everyone has that problem when they use the plastic screw driver that is provided. No need for a new battery.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:
Make sure you use a metal screw driver to tighten down the battery cap. Everyone has that problem when they use the plastic screw driver that is provided. No need for a new battery.

I have heard the same thing. Give it a try first.
I love my Sig P320 RX! No problems.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Thanks I'll torque it a bit but not too much plastic and go shooting. Chris

posted Hide Post
No problem, I had the same problem with my first RX. Since I figured that the battery cap was to blame I have not had an issue with with any of my RX's.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Anchor:
Here in Maryland not only do we have to have a "Handgun Qualification License" we have to wait 7 days from paperwork signing for delivery, sucks.

It seems MD has squoze down on their handgun restrictions. It used to be (1970's-1990's) that there was no HQL, and any rifle or handgun purchase was held only as long as it took for MSP to process a background check, or whatever else they did (typically about 3 days). Sucks, but what else can one expect from a commie state like MD? Congrats on finally getting the gun, though. Smile I have heard from other RX users the same thing about the battery cover, and using something other than the provided plastic screwdriver to torque it down a bit.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post