SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Better universal sight pusher?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better universal sight pusher? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Yes the MGW Sight Pro (the one with the cut for long underlugs) works for all three. Sell the two you have and buy the above. After the initial purchase it’s like 20 bucks for a shoe for particular guns. Around here you could probably borrow the shoe easy enough.

It takes longer to setup but it also completely supports the slide rails and you can get the pusher as low as possible for hard to push sights.

Other than cost, you won’t regret it.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sight-tool for me too. The MGW tool is excellent, but the notion of buying all the shoes was a no-go for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see somebody make one that is universal that operates similarly to the factory APX tool. The sight is pushed by a screw with the tip flattened and rounded so that it pushes the full force directly onto the side of the sight and doesn't create any lateral torque because the force is coming from above the body. The downside would be that you could only move the sight from one side so you would either need to put a threaded hole on each side for the pusher, or you'd have to turn the slide around. Not sure how this would work with taped tapered sights, either, but the idea would be most similar to the way force from a hammer and punch are imparted on a sight.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, this one looks like it pushes the sight the way I describe. Anybody have one?

https://sightpusher.com/produc...-handgun-sight-tool/

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Actually, this one looks like it pushes the sight the way I describe. Anybody have one?

https://sightpusher.com/produc...-handgun-sight-tool/

I built a sight pusher similar to that one, not quite as nice though.
If I had seen that one I would have gotten it over the Wheeler. Which does work very well but was more than the X2.

Had to go youtube it and it looks pretty slick.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I bought one of the Sight-Tool ones to try to move the very stubborn rear sight on my Colt Defender that my LGS had been unable to move. I applied more force than I though wise. Would not budge it, but the tool didn't self-destruct, either. I regard that as a good sign. I haven't yet had other cause to use it.

The thing gets 4.7 out of 5 stars on Amazon and he's got 100% positive feedback on eBay. Btw: It's $65 on eBay and free shipping.

As for the Colt's rear sight: It took a very experienced smith, a steel punch, a substantial hammer, and solid blows to move that sight. He said there wasn't a sight pusher made that would have moved that sight.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
Link shows I purchased the sight-tool in May 2017. Good quality. Glad they're still in business.
what web site was that?

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
I bought mine on eBay in June after talking to the owner. Exact same tool but cheaper. Ships direct from manufacturer .....Amazon has a markup on it.

Well built.....

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Yes the MGW Sight Pro (the one with the cut for long underlugs) works for all three. Sell the two you have and buy the above. After the initial purchase it’s like 20 bucks for a shoe for particular guns. Around here you could probably borrow the shoe easy enough.

It takes longer to setup but it also completely supports the slide rails and you can get the pusher as low as possible for hard to push sights.

Other than cost, you won’t regret it.

Bingo. This says it all.

I've had mine for several years now and love it!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The MGS Sight Pro is an excellent tool. Takes all of the stress out of swapping sights.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post