SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 SAS non-ported model. Anybody have one? Thoughts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 SAS non-ported model. Anybody have one? Thoughts? Login/Join 
posted
Had one of my distributors ask me if I wanted a P365 sas today so of course I jumped on it because getting anything is terrible lately. Was trying to find out why this one was $20 more than they typically are and it seems like this is a non-ported model. I've never seen that before so I hop on Sig's website and it doesn't show anything.

Anybody get one of these yet? I know a lot of people didn't like the ported barrels so I'm curious how popular this model will be or just another money grab from sig?

Also why would a non-ported model be $20 more than ported? I would say because its newer, but the ported SAS has never changed price up or down on a wholesale level. Seems like less machining would go into it therefore it would be cheaper.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't they charge more for a natural stainless slide vrs one with an applied finish?

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Less volume? IDK. My guess is it's a price increase and you'll see it on all of the next ones.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also why would a non-ported model be $20 more than ported?

If this is a production item, then in theory it's a variant - or at least that would be my theory if I were the one trying to make an extra twenty bucks. But, yes, it requires less work and machine time and so forth.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Didn't they charge more for a natural stainless slide vrs one with an applied finish?

I don’t know, possibly? I didn’t even see it on sigs website as a model so I couldn’t do a comparison that’s why I was hoping the Sig aficionados in here could shed some light.

I guess I could just wait a day or two and check it out myself. I’m just impatient and looking for a reason to start a conversation in here

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Also why would a non-ported model be $20 more than ported?

If this is a production item, then in theory it's a variant - or at least that would be my theory if I were the one trying to make an extra twenty bucks. But, yes, it requires less work and machine time and so forth.

Yeah... I think it’s just an extra $20 in sigs pocket... oh well it is what it is.

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I have seen two non ported SAS 365's lately. One just tonight at Academy Sports in Norman, OK. I am sure they came out with it in response to all of the negative feedback about a ported carry pistol.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are told the ported model is discontinued... We submitted orders for the ported one a few months back and were shipped non-ported. A few guns took price increases including all XL variants.

Osage County Guns
Wright City, MO

Posts: 767 | Registered: October 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OsageCountyGuns:
We are told the ported model is discontinued... We submitted orders for the ported one a few months back and were shipped non-ported. A few guns took price increases including all XL variants.

Oh, nifty. Thank you for the info