SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Help me ID a junk .380 crime gun
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me ID a junk .380 crime gun Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. Those are all pretty common for us to see.

Ref some of the ideas...I have emailed the photo to some of the cops on here and we have resources available to try to get it identified, but being Christmas, a lot of those people are out of circulation for a chunk of the week. I'll do what I can to post results when I have them.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
It really sounded a lot like the old Astra 300 save the poly frame. Quite an interesting puzzle.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Please look up Zoraki 906 9mm blank gun. I believe this is what you have.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:

Well done, sir! That is 100% it.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Bet I spent about 2 hours throughout today looking for that. The internet is not as informative as it used to be.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:

16:15....
Damn that took a long time. I believe it's possibly the longest to get a correct answer here on the forum.

We're slipping! We need to up our game Big Grin

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bet I spent about 2 hours throughout today looking for that. The internet is not as informative as it used to be.. Big Grin

The silver lining here is that we believe the barrel obstruction had been removed, so it is likely still legally a firearm, which is bad for the felon that was carrying it and good for him being out of circulation for a little bit.

I did not realize there was something of a market to convert these things, but apparently there is. I have learned a bit in the last couple hours.

"Blank firing guns - the original 80% firearm "

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Yes, I was curious about its barrel too. If the bore obstruction is removed, would it fire rounds. I dont believe the blanks generate near the chamber pressures of live ammunitions. Plus its a smooth bore. I wouldnt want to be the unlucky one to experiment with that.

Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:

The Golden Bear gets it!

Posts: 439 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, I was curious about its barrel too. If the bore obstruction is removed, would it fire rounds. I dont believe the blanks generate near the chamber pressures of live ammunitions. Plus its a smooth bore. I wouldnt want to be the unlucky one to experiment with that.

I found a vid online where some guy converted a larger Beretta clone blank gun to fire .380’s as a smooth bore. He kept a fairly respectable 3-4” at a supposed 10 meters offhand. Pretty impressive under the circumstances.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Looks better than I envisioned and all for $89.95 new and maybe no background check. Sounds great for the thug on a budget.

Looks like they originally have an orange barrel tip but that would go away with the barrel change.

https://maxarmory.com/products...?variant=34454450509

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good catch.
Converting blank pistols to live ammo is a Thing in repressive jurisdictions like England. Hard to see why anybody would bother here. Get your real gun from the same mob you get your dope from.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed David. Well done.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nice job, David Lee.

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
Converting blank pistols to live ammo is a Thing in repressive jurisdictions like England.

It's a thing in the whole EU. Criminals travel to buy these blank guns in those countries where they're easier to get, then drive them across the borders into more tightly controlled countries where they're converted to live fire.

There are also some EU countries whose definition of a "deactivated" firearm is looser than others, and these semi-deactivated guns can be readily converted back to live fire too. The most high-profile example in recent years were the Vz 58s used in the Charlie Hebdo terrorist attack and subsequent kosher deli terrorist attack in Paris in 2015, which has been purchased as shoddily deactivated "prop guns" in Slovakia then relatively easily converted back to live fire.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Just saw part of a video which shows the chamber area to be 2 seperate pieces. States a live round would cause explosion. I questioned from the start how strong a fixed barrel would be mounted into a polymer frame. Then its got a darn bic pen recoil spring.. Big Grin. Believe I would pass on firing that. I remember my 1st desktop computer, a Gateway system. Not knowing a thing about internet, a beginner could surely get lost. There was however more good information for reserch purposes. Seems like today the 1st 53,000 sites that pop up are trying to sell things.

posted Hide Post
quote:
How the heck did you find this? I would consider myself a pretty good internet detective but geez. I'm impressed and curious, What was your angle of search?

Posts: 341 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
The internet is not as informative as it used to be.. :

It's still out there, just drown in a sea of uselessness. Search engines certainly are harder to use than they used to be.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crue-dell:
quote:
How the heck did you find this? How the heck did you find this? I would consider myself a pretty good internet detective but geez. I'm impressed and curious, What was your angle of search?

Like fishin' holes and mushroom patches, Google-Foo means and methods are closely guarded secrets.

Wink

Well done, David Lee !

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Unlike years past I dont have stacks of gun magazines, Shooters Bibles, gun books and the like for reference, we have Google. Pretty sure there was 2 guys at Google sitting there laughing at my busy serches. Prolly said to one another, lets throw him a bone.. Big Grin. On a lighter side, I was moving from one apartment to a smaller one, maybe 15 years back, we couldnt fit a 60 pound box of gun magazines in the last load, I actually started to cry.. Big Grin. Those MFers were mine and I looked the color out of them. We managed to get them aboard.