SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pistol mag organization
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pistol mag organization Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
I have a lot of mags.
I'm willing to bet a fair number of you do as well.
Right now it's mass chaos... all my mags are just in a big jumble on top of my safe.
What do you guys do for organization of these things?

Pics would be appreciated!

-Mike

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
One of those tupperware drawer sets. Or several of them. I currently have more or less one brand of gun per drawer (all Glock mags, all 1911 mags, etc.).

I could definitely use another set, since my SIG mag drawer is chaos, honestly.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if they fit on top of your safe you are not in the fair number category Smile. But I use plastic stackable tubs, each gun/caliber gets one.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
if they fit on top of your safe you are not in the fair number category Smile

I have a big safe :P

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The totes I use are 28"L x 16"W x 11"D and in some cases I have several for a given gun/caliber Smile.

teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I use clear plastic fishing lure boxes.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Crown Royal bags Big Grin

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
funny I use those for picking up my brass at matches. I fill one every match. SO I have to meet someone who drinks a really, really lot if I'm going to use them for mags.

posted Hide Post
I posted in a similar thread my solution: I bought a scratch and dent tool chest from Lowes cheap. Five big drawers and the bottom ones are deeper which work well for AR mags.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I posted in a similar thread my solution: I bought a scratch and dent tool chest from Lowes cheap. Five big drawers and the bottom ones are deeper which work well for AR mags.

Got pics?
I'm interested to see how you have it laid out.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Midway sells these cloth magazine pouches that hold like 6 magazines or 8. I use those and label them. I have a set for my range only mags, and my carry mags, which I rotate. Carry mags get shot once per year to check function. Range mags idgaf. You could buy a bunch of those from Midway and stitch in your own labels, P30, PX4, etc. I just took a sharpie to mine so I know which is which. Then I’ve got spares or a stockpile of new bags in the OEM packages, that are the bulk of mags. Those are in storage containers like walmart or any other place sells.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Sterilite containers from Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ste...e-Box-White/15442432

Works well for me. One box will hold between 30 and 40 double stack mags.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I did this this past week. ( 4) 10 double stack mag pouches.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

I did this this past week. ( 4) 10 double stack mag pouches.

That's not bad - what pouches are those?

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post

I am a mag whore.....sue me. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Creslin:
Check your private e-mail for photos of the Lowes chest.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Gallon ziplock freezer bags.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Magnetic tool holder strips from harbor freight. They're like $4 apiece, and I have them mounted to the wall behind my safe. Each one will hold 15-20 mags.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
OK so I was inspired by Yooper.

After finally getting stuff organized... It doesn't seem that I have as many as I thought - but holy shit this is so much better

Got my 30 cal mags up top and my MPX mags in the first drawer:

9mm .380 .22 .40

.45 and AR mags:

Various holsters:

And the bottom 2 drawers are now the parts bin.

Thanks all for the suggestions. Smile

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I posted these photos in the past. I have shelves in my office closet where I stack the Sterilite drawers. It's been a while and I've expanded on them considerably, but you get the idea. Works great for me...

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1308 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post