SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Lasermax experience?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lasermax experience? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
My buddy got a green lasermax for his G19. Playing with it , it seems pretty damn cool, no external changes, no change to grip or adds that affect holster selection.

But how do they hold up over time?

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Don't have the newer version. Ours were the old uncaptured spring version. They did okay in our gen3 Glock 22s. When we switched over to Glock 31s, the springs were bent to snot so we just stopped using them. Maybe the captured version works better.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have a green Lasermax from years ago (shortly after they were introduced), but I haven’t used it much, so I can’t say anything about durability. What I did confirm, though, was the warning that it was sensitive to cold temperatures. From about 40 degrees and down it pretty much died.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hamfisted
posted Hide Post
I had one in my G22 but took it out. I just didn't like the strobing, and the battery life was shorter than the red ones. In the dark I still needed a tac light or flash light to see what I was aiming at anyway so the strobing green dot just became a distraction. Maybe I'm just low-tech.

-Mike

Posts: 270 | Location: Ft Lauderdale | Registered: October 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post