SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gun grease..... I know, another thread on lube.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun grease..... I know, another thread on lube. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I have checked the container of grease I mixed up and there was no separation of the oil and grease. It stays in place without seeping out, which is exactly what I was looking for.

As it sits now, I found something I really like. I grease heavily, especially on my Sigs, after reading Florks guide several years ago. When my duty pistol went in for scheduled service, they made the joke that they all bought stock in Exxon after seeing how much grease I used (most guys guns probably have little to no lubrication on them.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jackimoe:
I've been working on a 14oz tube of Militec grease for about 10 or 15 years now. Still over half of it left.

Same here. It's good stuff. Also use the oil. Not as runny as Breakfree CLP (which I use, having gallons of it).

Grease in the summer here, oil in the winter.

I'm of the opinion just about any grease is good enough for typical firearm use.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I'd do a summer/winter split. It would be more like oil, or better yet a dry lube, for carry, grease for range.

quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
quote:
Originally posted by jackimoe:
I've been working on a 14oz tube of Militec grease for about 10 or 15 years now. Still over half of it left.

Same here. It's good stuff. Also use the oil. Not as runny as Breakfree CLP (which I use, having gallons of it).

Grease in the summer here, oil in the winter.

I'm of the opinion just about any grease is good enough for typical firearm use.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
I’ve had good results with Lubriplate and see no reason to switch to a more expensive grease.

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know if I'd do a summer/winter split. It would be more like oil, or better yet a dry lube, for carry, grease for range.

After spending most of my military service in desert environs, living where I do for the last 30+ years, owning, firing and maintaining thousands of firearms over time and carrying daily, the regimen has proven out nicely.

Grease exclusively for the range? That's a new one.

Certainly not as a general recommendation in cooler climates/northern states.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jager,

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post