SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Problem with finish on Springfield RO Elite 10mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem with finish on Springfield RO Elite 10mm Login/Join 
posted
Picked up a brand new RO Elite today in 10mm. The shop I bought it at is a 2hr drive. Looked good in the store (Greentop in Richmond VA) but once I got home and got my reading glasses on, I noticed a couple of issues with the finish on the inside of the gun. 1.) Rough, sandpaper like finish toward the back of the receiver near the hammer, 2.) bubble like defects on the bottom of the slide rails, and 3.) a bubble like defect at the back of the extractor on the outside if the pistol. Pics below. I know it’s shame on me for not inspecting closer before I bought, but I’m wondering if anyone has had issues with SA finishes before? I’m going to call the shop tomorrow and see what they say. It will be a shooter...am I making too much of a big deal? Should I call SA? Has anyone had experience with their customer service? Any help/info/advice would be appreciated. Just hate that I payed a lot for a blemished gun. Thanks, Mike

Link to pics

Posts: 379 | Location: Shenandoah Valley - VA | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pictures would be helpful. Having said that it sounds like some fairly minor stuff on the inside of the pistol...Does it shoot well? If so it wouldn't bug me.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SA CS should take care of it, if it is in an area that you can't see unless the gun is put apart I wouldn't worry about it. but if is an obvious or mayor finish issue then call SA and they should resolve the issue.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my experience SA CS will take care of you.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get where you are coming from. And I will guess that SA will make it right. OTOH, how long will the gun stay pristine after it comes back from SA it you shoot it?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Nicer fit and finish is one of the bennies of buying a higher priced gun.

Sorry, but I Don"t see customer service stripping the finish off the gun to polish it and redoing the finish.

If it's all internal just lube it up and go shoot the snot out of it.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the feedback. I think I’ll give them a call, see what they say, but yes, I don’t expect they will redo the finish. It’s more about laying out the money for a blemished piece.

Sounds like they do have a good CS Dept though, which is good to hear.

-Mike

Posts: 379 | Location: Shenandoah Valley - VA | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far so good. They sent me a shipping label and it is going SA tomorrow. I will update this thread when I have an update.

Mike

posted Hide Post
Received Pistol back today. Looks brand new. Invoice says that they refinished it. Overall, I’m happy that they fixed it with no issues.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EkimSig:
Received Pistol back today. Looks brand new. Invoice says that they refinished it. Overall, I’m happy that they fixed it with no issues.

Nice to hear that they stood behind their product and that you're a happy camper. It took 5-6 weeks from door to door?

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it's an issue with their glossy black finish on steel. My EMP4 has a similar bubbling/flaking issue with the finish on the slide stop. It's the only part on the gun that has that issue, but it's also the only part with that particular finish (slide is stainless, frame is anodized aluminum).

I didn't bother calling SA about it because it's a small part and I've put plenty of other wear on the gun in other areas because I shoot the snot out of it. It was, however, enough to push me towards a stainless model rather than the RO Elite for my most recent 1911 purchase.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post