SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Romeo Zero on 365XL?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Romeo Zero on 365XL? Login/Join 
posted
I've not seen anyone post who has this Romeo Zero red dot on their P365 XL. Hopefully, I've just missed it and someone who has one on their XL will drop in.

So: I'm thinking, just thinking, about a red dot for my 365 XL.

First-I was told by a large, knowledgable gun shop employee that only the Romeo Zero will fit on the XL as all the others, Trijicon, Venom etc. are just too large.

True or ...?

Secondly-I read a review from four months ago and the reviewer said all you have to do with the XL is remove the rear sight and attach the optic with the two enclosed screws, then, of course, zero it. Sounds kinda easy-too easy?

True or ...?

Next, Sig's MSRP is $249 and a very quick on-line look found them for $189 at one place. Price is less important to me than the reputation of the seller (so no Optic Planet purchases for me). If you were gonna buy one, where would you go?

And, I can't help but wonder if a red dot is really faster for a first, accurate shot than seeing the front sight. Does anyone know of any testing or studies on that subject?

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Bob

Posts: 1572 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Have you found a Romeo Zero for sale, in stock? My understanding is it isn’t out yet. The RMSC shield is supposed to fit the XL as well. Install should be that easy. And yes, once you get used to using a red dot, it’s like cheating. At least that is the experience of my old eyes. I’m waiting for the zero for my XL. I have a Romeo 1 on my XCarry and an RMR on another 320.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not gonna buy from there, as I said in my post above, but OP says they have them and I put one in "My Cart" there. I note they do say they'll ship in 9-18 days which made me think OP was up to its old tricks again. You know, take your $, never ship, excuses, and ....

Bob

Posts: 1572 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
They frequently mean weeks when they say days.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I have a RMSc on my 365 and 365XL. The RMSC is more expensive than the Romeo0 but it was available back when I wanted a red dot.

SIG has said the footprint of the 365XL is milled for the Romeo0 and RMSc. As I recall, Shield Sights, maker of the RMSc, has been credited for making the JP Enterprises polymer frame version. EDIT: The JP Enterprises red dot is the same size as the RMS.

The RMSC has an aluminum frame vs. the polymer frame of the Romeo0. I prefer the concept of the aluminum. Maybe the polymer will hold up just as well? Time will tell.

Both have polymer lenses which aren't too difficult to scratch. The RSMc is supposed to be offering a glass lens option in the near future.

If something goes wrong, the RMSc needs to be shipped back to England.

quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:

Secondly-I read a review from four months ago and the reviewer said all you have to do with the XL is remove the rear sight and attach the optic with the two enclosed screws, then, of course, zero it. Sounds kinda easy-too easy?

And, I can't help but wonder if a red dot is really faster for a first, accurate shot than seeing the front sight. Does anyone know of any testing or studies on that subject?

Bob

I didn't get any screws with my XL to mount my red dot, but they are readily available at the hardware store. Yes, remove the plate and attach the red dot. It took a little extra time to mount the red dot so I could get a cowitness of the molded sight channel/ front sight with the dot.

If your eyes are suffering the effects of older age, as mine are, the red dot will very likely help. For me, the red dot is as fast as the laser I had mounted on mine before I decided to go with the dot.

I found I wasn't gripping the pistol properly to take full advantage of the dot. At first, most of the time I couldn't find the dot after drawing. After making adjustments with my grip and practicing, I now have the dot on target about 90% of the time from the holster.

After practicing drawing and getting that down pretty good, I put my 365 with the RMSc through several pistol classes and it has performed well.

I don't have any problem concealing my 365 with the dot. I carry IWB and OWB at about 4 o'clock. My OWB holster has a thumb break and that is the point that shows the most.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10-7 leo,

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two Shield RMSc sights. They're fantastic!
No ON or Off__no anything. Zero it__period. The red dot adjust instantly to the environment. Its very bright in sunlight and very small at night. The RMSC is for single stacks and the RMS is for double stack pistols. (The foot print is the same for both)
The sight is on constantly and the batt last two to three years. I just change my batts (and on my P320 with the Romeo 1) on my birthday. So no problem with batts....and batts are cheap.
Customer service is great__via email__and they respond quickly.
Shield has been making reflex sights for thirty years for the UK's military and special forces.
Two years ago they started releasing to the public.
I suspect the Zero is made by Shield. pretty similar.
These are pretty tough little rascals. Hold their zero well.
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post