SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Another Sigpro
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Sigpro Login/Join 
Picture of SigSentry
posted
For the price..resistance was futile. Eleven year old sights still have a dim glow. The Signess is real.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigSentry,

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even though I'm a form<function kinda guy, I have to say I have always liked the looks of the Nitron SP2022. But the price for my two-tone was too good to pass up, like you said.

Congrats!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I've never owned one, but I cannot understand why this gun is not more popular. It doesn't have any bad reputations, and it is very inexpensive. So, what is it?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I've never owned one, but I cannot understand why this gun is not more popular. It doesn't have any bad reputations, and it is very inexpensive. So, what is it?

I don't know, I don't care. Please don't spread the word. I like being able to buy a top notch gun for $400 new.

I can only imagine that it is because it's polymer and DA/SA. The Venn diagram of gun owners who want polymer and DA/SA has a very small union.

You should definitely try one at least if you haven't before. They are excellent guns for the price.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
I got one as a gift from a great friend of mine. (Obviously.) I have HUGE hands so don't love the pinch on reloads. I did pretty well with it in Practical Fundamentals in January but my fat hands have asked that I move on. SO, I just keep it loaded with 17 rd mecgars and a TLR-1 as my bedside gun.

I REALLY wish it fit better because of all the reasons you have heard. They are really great guns.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Even though I'm a form<function kinda guy, I have to say I have always liked the looks of the Nitron SP2022. But the price for my two-tone was too good to pass up, like you said.

Congrats!

I believe the picture shows a European parts (maybe U.S. assembled) Ilaflon finished SP-2022. Ilaflon is different from Nitron, and has its own unique character. When new, the finish is satin silver in color. Over years the color darkens, while the satiny surface remains. It feels slicker than Nitron, but looks slicker, too IMHO.

The shape of the thumb tab on the slide release, and the location of the takedown pin removal slot are also European SP-2022 style. The accessory rail will be Picatiny-compatible, but rounded, not squared.

Either way, I like both the U.S. Nitron and European Ilaflon finished SP-2022s.

Posts: 830 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
My take is when the SIGPro came out it was a PLASTIC SIG!!!! The horror. Now said plastic SIG had a great trigger and was built he’ll for stout but SIG doesn’t do plastic.

Honestly I think that was the biggest problem.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TxRod
posted Hide Post
Yep, that's an Ilaflon gun, I have the same one. It is a fantastic weapon and my Ilaflon finish looks as good now as it did when I bought it 10 years ago. And 5,000 rounds later the sights light up just fine and the gun shoots like new. It's a keeper.

Posts: 488 | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

I think the price when They first came out was a good bit high. The early grips were also too big for a lot of people, even the medium. It became a hot seller at $400 with the new smaller e2 type grips and siglites.

One thing about SIG was the lack of forethought with magazine compatibility. A 226/229, Sigpro, P250/320. These guns were too similar to not have at least some level of magazine commonality. If 229 mags would have worked in the Sigpro, even with baseplate mods, I think more P series owners would have taken the plunge.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t have one of those.

I bought/traded for FOUR! I have a 2340 and a 2022 in .40 S&W and two 2022’s in 9mm. I gave a 2022 in each caliber to my son, I kept the others. These guns are fantastic, though I don’t care for the rail on the 2022 pistols. Holsters are not widely available off the shelf, unless you like Kydex. I prefer leather.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
My good ole Don Hume H721OT (also for the XD-40) with clips from from the now closed kholster.com. The Johnston Gun Leather belt helps a lot.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post