Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Rattlers Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Got mine today after a three month wait at Cabela’s. BTW anyone know what the black ring in a tiny plastic bag is for? It’s not in the owners manual

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by pwasay:
Got mine today after a three month wait at Cabela’s. BTW anyone know what the black ring in a tiny plastic bag is for? It’s not in the owners manual

Not having seen what youre talking about, I have two ideas:
1. If the ring is made of rubber, its a barrel gasket, similar to what you would find on the HK45c. Although I think this is unlikely since the rattler has a fixed barrel.

2. If the ring is metal, its likely a barrel "spacer" (similar to a crush washer) to cover up some of the room on the threads when adding a suppressor, similar to a Sig 522/556

This. The SIG rifle barrels are ready for their taper lock suppressors. The ring should be there to give you a 90 degree shoulder for non tapered muzzle devices.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 96 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
pic was too large

Posts: 96 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post