SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Used H&K USP 45
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Used H&K USP 45 Login/Join 
posted
Been digging on H&K lately with my new P30L. Also have a USP 9 SD. Found a USP 45 (KF date code=1995 manufacture) yesterday for $520. About average to slightly high from what I could look up, but I like USPs, and it came home with me.

Came with one 10 round mag. Looks like the previous owner polished the barrel and hood shiny, but rifling looks solid. Doesn't look to have been fired or carried much at all. Just a big war machine of a .45. Looking forward to running it hard. I'll get some pics up.

Posts: 2957 | Location: NM | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Porkie
posted Hide Post
I have two USPf in that age group. Not to worry; they're about as hard to wear out as Glocks. They are great guns. The .45 came to me as a V1. I found the trigger completely unacceptable, especially the double action. Anyway, I sent it in and had it converted to LEM. The .40 S&W came to me as LEM. The story on that one was it was a quote sample for flight deck crews for a local airline.

I have both of mine set for a 6 1/2# pull.

I'll bet you'll like yours, a lot.

Regards, Porkie

Posts: 968 | Location: MN | Registered: November 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
The grip is like a 2x4 in my hand. But it is really accurate.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
at a practical level it is impossible to wear out a USP so shoot till you run out of money for ammo. I can't understand this polish thing but that's just me.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Ze Germans know how to build 'em. What impresses me is how perfect and polished the underside of the slide is. HK pays attention to quality where you don't think to look. It is probably why they are so accurate and reliable.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 95 usp40 and iirc 97 usp 45, and a 2015 usp tac 9mm.

The 40 has little over 50k through it. Tremendous guns. The triggers are not great. They are and never were sig pricings. They work, are very accurate, shoot anything including 1200 rounds of lead reloads in a single setting. I had a bet that it would or would not fail. The guy coughed up the cost of the reloads. I knew it would be fine as that 50k, was mostly lead.

A fair number of people like the lem. I made the effort to learn shoot da/sa. It is well worth it. I can smoothly trasition from da/sa guns to da revolvers, to single action 1911, BHP style pistols.

I own several othe semi custom, custom guns, and expensive factory guns. If i needed the cash. They would all go first. The HK usp's would be what i kept in the safe.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked one up off a member here recently and I have been quite satisfied. Feeds everything well and has become my house gun. The da/sa trigger on it is fine with me as I have been shooting sigs for years. Good find.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
They are quite robust, accurate pistols. Seem to have quite the following. In good condition for a decent price, why not?

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Love the USP's!

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have the 40 and 45 compacts. My favorite carry pistols until the Sig 320 appeared.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Probably won't be able to shoot until next week. Dry firing is a pleasure, though. Trigger is consistent with the few HKs I've experienced-not horrible, IMO. DA a little heavy but not bad with some practice, some take up in SA but crisp enough break and reset. I think I'm getting to where I like DA/SA over striker.

One thing I love, and my other USP does this too, is the heavy, vault-like sound of the slide slowly retracting and returning to battery. Not that it matters, just something cool I love about USPs. I may replace the mag release with an over sized paddle and new spring. The current release is very difficult to do from the right side.

Posts: 2957 | Location: NM | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Other then springs and one or two frames I have seen pictures of cracked, I don't think I have ever really heard of an HK pistol getting used up beyond very very heavy levels of use.

I mean the DA trigger sucks but other than that the damn things are ROBUST.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My USP 45 has north of 12,000 rounds through it without a hitch. Big bad sonofabitch.

Posts: 283 | Location: New Orleans, LA | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post