SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Non Glock 5 inch "duty" pistol?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non Glock 5 inch "duty" pistol? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
HK P30L or M&P 2.0 5"er

These two came up a few times, I will take a look at them. I like the idea that finding a duty style holster might be inside the realm of possibility for the MP...

Posts: 1117 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
If you are already familiar with the Glock architecture, you could always get a model 40 in 10mm.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
If you are already familiar with the Glock architecture, you could always get a model 40 in 10mm.

That was my other thought, just do a trigger and barrel upgrade for my 35. Problem is, any "trigger upgrade" is going to automatically be a no-go as far as a "duty pistol" is concerned. I'd need something "from the factory"

Plus, this way I got an "excuse" to buy a new gun....

Bill R

Posts: 1117 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never been on duty, I'm just a regular guy that likes to shoot. I really like the looks and feel of my FS 9mm 320 with the carry grip module. I guess you want to stay with the striker fired platform so your options are wide open but I really prefer da/sa for carrying but also recently bought my first glock so I'll just have to wait and see if my opinion changes.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like long slide handguns and shot a G34 a bit, I recently pick up an M&P 2.0 5 inch and couldn't be happier. I did removed the safety, I can shoot M&P's in general quite well but also tried other tried other long slides like the 320 X5 and I like the M&P 2.0 the best.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Your ears are working just fine. In the two decades since the Walther P99 was introduced, the pistol has evolved from a DA/SA design with a decocker, into, well, a really nice Glock .

LMAO Big Grin

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stylophiles:
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
HK P30L or M&P 2.0 5"er

These two came up a few times, I will take a look at them. I like the idea that finding a duty style holster might be inside the realm of possibility for the MP...

the safariland size code for a 5 inch M&P is 819. I have a 6360 for mine. with a light, I use a TLR2 and a 6280 in size code 21921. to get the 5 inch in, you can heat gun the bottom of the holster to allow the long nose to fit and remove the bottom tension screw, mine works well

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2446 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92 variant. Mastering the DA/SA trigger has the bonus of making you a better shooter in general.

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does it need to be 5"? Probably a 5" m&p 2.0. i dont know that your gaining more than sight radius. A duty gun should likely be polymer. For pure class I'd go 1911 if it's not going to get pooped on by the elements or beat up. It can take it but I'd rather scuff plastic.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Make them know you where there, go with a Coonan Classic!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my PPQ M2 Navy. I'd grab a 5" PPQ M2 in a heartbeat. Also, I shot an M&P 2.0 Compact a week or so ago. Based on that, I would look at an M&P2.0 5" also.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

SIG P220-10mm SAO.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ75

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Walther PPQ M2 5" is the one. You just missed a nice sale/rebate on these from Walther. They were trying to move them in December.

If you are an officer they offer special pricing. Just do a search online for it.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the newer "P" series HK pistols. The grip options,in my opinion, are something many companies could benefit and learn from. The P30L is a great pistol and with a safety lever it can be carried like a 1911 and is very accurate.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a shiny new PPQ is in my future.... Hopefully I can work through their Individual Officer Purchase, if not it might be another month of saving up. Looking forward to this one though. Thanks for all the input!

Bill R

Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
I too have been looking to switch, but after carrying my m and p for years and a Glock 22 before. I am looking at the gen 5 Glock 34. My range master was sure go Walter or HK or some other direction, but if it breaks or needs cleaning I can do it for a Glock. Right now I just want anything other than a m and p. The gen 5 G34 should be out in couple of weeks.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
It's a smidge shorter than 5" but I can't say enough good things about the CZ P09.
Everyone who shoots mine ends up buying one.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Steyr L9-A1

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I know you said non Glock...just wanted to add the gen 5 34 hits this month....still a Glock I know, but the gen 5 (to me) is a huge improvement over the 3 and 4

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post