SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    VP9SK after 500 rounds
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VP9SK after 500 rounds Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted
Been vetting a new VP9SK for my wife the last few days. Her current carry guns are a VP9 and Kahr PM9. With her carrying th e Kahr a lot during the summer I tried to convince her to switch over the the P30 LEM guns but she still preferred the VP series. Now that the VP9Sk is out the the PM9 will go away.

Not much of a range report. 550 rounds fired, no cleaning. 500 Remington UMC, 50 Speer GDHP. 0 hiccups. Recoil is very light and im able to consistently hit clay targets at 50 yards. Definitely shoots like a bigger gun. I'll run another 50 rounds of the Speer, clean it up and call it good.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that it's been a reliable pistol.

Most HKs are winners for sure!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am amazed how soft shooting it is. Like a cap gun

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry V:
I am amazed how soft shooting it is. Like a cap gun

Agreed, really no perceptible difference form the fullsize.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Yep I find I carry my VP9sk around the property more than the VP9 lately. It just is a fantastic shooter.
I do like that the sk doesn't have the "trigger trough" like the fullsize does.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
Is the VP9SK about the same size as a P2000SK or P30SK? Am I safe to assume that like the other SK's it's still bigger than a Glock 26?

Posts: 331 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stormin:
Is the VP9SK about the same size as a P2000SK or P30SK?

Judging by the photo above I'd say it's close in size to a P30SK.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
You are definitely not making this easy on me. I mostly convinced myself that I don't need the SK since it would another carry gun that I would never use, being the Glockaholic that I am. But HK has this special deal for retail workers in the industry, and...

Sometimes I hate to love my job.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome to hear! I still have yet to shoot mine, but I am ready to get to the range ASAP!

Posts: 272 | Registered: April 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
Oh man.....I want one so bad...cannot justify the add'l weapon.....dang it!

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice, congrats. I love my vp9'sSmile

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 30PlusRetlaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is the VP9SK about the same size as a P2000SK or P30SK? Am I safe to assume that like the other SK's it's still bigger than a Glock 26?

The p2000sk is smaller, the p30sk is in the middle of the vp and the P2000

"What I would die for?
My faith, my family, my friends, my freedom and my flag" Tony Zinni

Posts: 3291 | Location: Some where close to some one | Registered: March 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
quote:
Is the VP9SK about the same size as a P2000SK or P30SK?

Judging by the photo above I'd say it's close in size to a P30SK.

Nearly identical

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes sir, still bigger than my G26. Seems like everyone tries to get to that magical G26 size but fails or has to give up capacity to do it.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
One thing I did notice and Im curious if any other owners have experienced it. Does your slide move easily out of battery when cocked? I noticed it doesnt take much effort to get he slide to move back 1/8in or so. I primarily noticed when reholstering. Old habits have me "riding the hammer" with my thumb so it was largely a non issue. The gun always returned to battery when the pressure on the slide was released and never went past that initial 1/8in movement.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

Definitely. My full size VP9 does it too. I also "ride the hammer" when holstering.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
^^^^^^^

Definitely. My full size VP9 does it too. I also "ride the hammer" when holstering.

Never noticed it when I was carrying a VP9, I'll check my wifes when I get home. Not sure why I didnt notice it on the fullsize if it does in fact do it as well.

posted Hide Post
I checked my VP-9 FS and it does the same thing.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a VP9SK yesterday and brought it to the range today. Can't speak a ton for how good my groups were as it started to rain and while the shooting station is covered, the target area wasn't so the paper targets got toasted fast and a friend and I mostly went for his steel plate. I was able to start sighting in my AR before the rain hit at least. I will say it shoots remarkably well, has an excellent trigger and all the other nice things that make the full-size VP9 my favorite pistol. Both do come out of battery easier when cocked. My friend brought his G26 to compare. The Glock is smaller but otherwise I prefer the HK.

On a side note- at the end of our range session, we went back to the 100 yard line to mess around some more with our ARs. I've never done anything even close to that distance so I was happy to be able to consistently ring the steel with the rifle. Even managed to hit it with the VP9SK 2-3 times in the last couple mags. Great pistol, It'll be my carry gun once I can get a holster for it.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
My buddy bought one and it feels perfect with the extended grip. Now if they can get the capacity up to the FNS compact I would prefer it. I really like the VP9.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post