SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shield .45 folks - What's your carry load?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shield .45 folks - What's your carry load? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Standard pressure Federal HST 230-grain. Practice load is Speer Lawman 230-grain FMJ.

Have you other Shield .45 owners noted the lack of recoil in this handgun? I don't know how S&W's engineers did it.

I know recoil is subjective, but I swear, it has less felt recoil to me than my 42 ounce SA TRP! It's a fantastic piece of work.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
It is easier to shoot than the G43 I can say that much. Still a snappy little thing though. I have weak hands thanks to health issues so I'm not the best judge of pistol recoil anymore.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
My Shield was happy with the 120 gr +P Xtreme Defender round. It is a sizzler.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
Standard pressure Federal HST 230-grain. Practice load is Speer Lawman 230-grain FMJ.

Have you other Shield .45 owners noted the lack of recoil in this handgun? I don't know how S&W's engineers did it.

I know recoil is subjective, but I swear, it has less felt recoil to me than my 42 ounce SA TRP! It's a fantastic piece of work.

To me, the .45 Shield has about the same recoil as my Glock 19. It's really easy on my hands.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
My only .45 carry load is the 230 gr HST standard pressure load. It shows good results even out of the short barrels in testing and even if it fails, its still a .45 caliber hole.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:

I agree!

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
having lucked into a super deal years ago on Federal 230 grain Hydra-Shok, I still shoot that in social occasion .45s. I shoot Georgia Arms or American Eagle for practice.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if anyone has actually chronographed any ammo with their Shield 45's that a they can share?
Surprisingly, in all the "research" I have done on 45 ACP ballistics, the difference between a 3" and 5" barrel was not as much as I would have thought.
Nothing like a real life report of what one may have recorded to put this to rest??

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
HST 230gr and 230+ gr, Speer Golt Dot 200 +p, and TAC-XPD 185gr +p. the

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post