SIGforum
Classic SIG P-Series and caliber conversion kits.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2570048764

March 21, 2020, 12:16 PM
John3200
Classic SIG P-Series and caliber conversion kits.
Would someone please pass along some knowledge about changing slides and frames or using Caliber X-Change Kits on the Classic P-Series guns.

I'm mostly specifically wanting to know which models will require that the locking block to be swapped in the frame when going from one calliber to another. Is there a list of what Locking Blocks are required in each model for each caliber?

For instance, if I want to use the P226 357 SIG Caliber X-Change kit on my P229R 9mm do I need to swap the locking block?

Or if I want to use the top end, slide/barrel from my P220 Stainless Match Elite 45ACP on my P220 Elite SAO 10mm. (I'm pretty sure this requres a locking block swap).

Is there a list of models and locking block numbers and calibers they support?

Thanks.
March 24, 2020, 07:00 AM
Blume9mm
I'm not an expert by any means... but I think you would be okay on the P226 just with slide barrel and spring... no need to change out the locking block...

The reason is I know that going in the other direction... downsizing to 9mm from 357 in the p226 all you actually have to do is change out the barrel... my P226 Legion in 357 sig will do this.
Even the 357 mags will work with 9mm. Same on a P239.

Actually, if I ever get up the nerve to go back to my gun club during these troubled times... I will make sure and put the 357 stuff on my 9mm p226 frame.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"