SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does anyone own a Sig 220 SAS Gen2?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone own a Sig 220 SAS Gen2? Login/Join 
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted
What do you think of it? Photos? I'm in the market....Thanks Guys....Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a Gen 1, I think. Internal extractor, DAK trigger. Looking forward to shooting it soon. It takes some getting use to the melt job, having seen the crisp lines of the Sig slide for many years. I'll probably put some nicer sights on it, or send it to Sig for the SSP and sights.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do. Mine is the Carry SAO that Bud's had on special like 4 years ago or so. Great gun. Only dislikes were the factory grips are super smooth and hard to keep a good grip on (fixed that with some Hogue G10s) and there is no front strap checkering, which is a bit harder to solve. It carries well and I do like the melt look. Not having a rail is a plus in my eyes as well.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had the 220SAS Gen 2 for awhile now. I replaced the grips with Aluminum but other than that, it is good to go as is. I carry it owb a lot in cooler months. I like the full size grip versus a compact. Melt treatment and shorter slide is great. I shoot it as well as I shoot my full size 220s.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post