SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P-series trigger upgrade
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P-series trigger upgrade Login/Join 
Picture of powermad
posted
After getting and shooting my M11-A1 for a bit I was not happy with the stock trigger.

It pinched my finger and just didn't feel right to me.

I went with the Armory Craft slightly curved trigger and what a difference it made, feels like a different pistol now and fits me much better. Swapped in an 18# mainspring as well.

Excellent product, fast shipping and it dropped right in with no fitting other than the adjustments which is easy enough.

Just need to hit the range and see how it performs. After dry firing it for a bit I'm sure I'll be more than satisfied with the results.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure the trigger bar in the M11-A1 are all like the top one.

I believe that works in frames with the DAK cut and you have to use the trigger bar and trigger as a set.

As in don't use the trigger with the stock trigger bar.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The M11-A1 frame doesn't have the DAK cut out, anyway. So, the Grayguns kit will not work.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Q. Are the m11 all P229s in some form?

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:
Q. Are the m11 all P229s in some form?

Yep. The M11 -A1 is a no rail 229
The 228 on the grip is kinda dumb IMHO.
Which is the next to go for some G10 grips.

The internals are phosphate coated, which takes a bit of trigger time to break in.
Comes with the SRT package. Short Reach Trigger and Short Reset.

Short Reset is great, Short Reach Trigger not so much, at least for me.

I went in to buy a 229 specifically and they had this for a decent price so I picked it up.

Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The M11-A1 frame doesn't have the DAK cut out, anyway. So, the Grayguns kit will not work.

Just so everyone knows, Bruce Gray is working on the trigger bar that will fit the guns without the DAK window cut. The first step was to meet the requirement for the newer pistols with the DAK window cut.

There is not yet an ETA, but it's in process.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Went to the range with my buddy, the m11-a1 is his gun. The slide was very hard to manipulate, we shot 100 rds and had 3 fte. (Using crap 115gr Winchester white box.)all 3 had to be pushed out with a rod. the da pull was long and heavy. The trigger bit his finger. The Sa pull was short and crisp. No over travel to speak of. It was pretty good on target, shot a bit low. He’s going to call sig tomorrow to ask about the ftes.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With WWB nobody should call SIG. just my opinion. run some decent ammo and then reevaluate. This is why we have hold times with real issues.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
he wants to talk to someone he considers an expert. He spent a lot of money I think he gets a phone call...he’s going to call around 11 cst please get your call in before or after...

posted Hide Post
OK, I really don't care one way or the other. I'm not calling Monday after Thanksgiving even if I had a crisis. But the best that Sig can do is say send it in. And then they will shoot it with decent ammo and pronounce it fine. This story has been repeated about a zillion times with crap ammo. Its an annoyance and PIA to send your gun back. So maybe you can advise your friend to buy some decent ammo. Shoot the thing and see what is really the situation.

Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Its an annoyance and PIA to send your gun back.

Do you work for sig?

Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
and thanks for adding nothing to this thread but your own horseshit opinion about nothing that has to do with this thread.

Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Powermad I apologize To you...I didn’t mean to screw up your thread.

posted Hide Post
Really. What are you talking about? We originally have a thread about an aftermarket trigger, and then we have a comment about FTE's with WWB. I have suggested several things, all of which are completely rational.
1. Before you try and diagnose issues you should try more than one ammo.
2. Winchester white box is THE leading discussion item about failures in many forums including this one. suggesting you evaluate that is not "adding nothing" it shows your lack of understanding on the contribution ammo has on reliability.
3. Sending your gun back is a PIA. No I don't work for SIG. But sadly I have had to send many guns back to sig due to recalls/programs, so I have some experience. You have to package it and then get to a real FedEx distribution center even if Sig sends you a label. If you don't think that's a PIA I'm pretty sure you don't value your time very much.
4. If you are involved in the original gun in this thread your gun now has an aftermarket trigger which simply you are going to have to remove to send it back.
What exactly about the above is a "horseshit" opinion?
In any case I'm signing off this thread. Good luck

Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
The heavy DA pull is taken care of with a Wolff spring pack for $10.
The pinched finger is the short trigger which can be addressed with an intermediate length trigger.
My recoil spring was pretty stiff at first.
I just lubed the shit out of it and cycled it by hand a lot.
Same with the trigger, lube, clean and dry fire a lot.
Wore out a set of Fastfit gloves.

Only ammo I've shot so far is S&B 115gn and Federal HST 124gn. Neither has given me any problems.

FWIW I avoid WWB ammo, I've had problems with it in the past and just won't buy it anymore.
Same with a few other brands of ammo.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
HRCJON and Powermad FTW.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post