SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will a holster made for a 220R fit a 226R?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will a holster made for a 220R fit a 226R? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
I have a Sig 226R, and have a chance to get a holster made for a Sig 220R. The owner thinks my 226R will fit. Is this true?
Thanks

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Using Galco's charts as an example, yes, a holster for a railed P220 will fit a railed 226. I looked up the product numbers for the Concealable, it's the same for both.

If the holster you're looking at is from a popular manufacturer, you should be able to verify on that mfr's website using the same method.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9147 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Yes.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Alrighty then! Thanks

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ozarks Holster Co.
Picture of dosborn81
posted Hide Post
Some will (leather mainly) and some will not (molded Kydex). The trigger guard is slightly different between the two.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Posts: 9147 | Location: Nixa, MO | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 220R will fit in the Blackpoint Tactical holster I bought for my 226R, but, you can tell it's not a perfect fit. You could get by with it, but if you're looking for that perfect fit, and are a bit OCD about that stuff, you'll want to buy one specific for the 220.

That being said, my M11 A-1 fits that same 226R holster much better. It just depends on the gun & holster.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of Safariland's holsters are 220R/226R generic.

Posts: 280 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Milt Sparks VM-2 has "220/226 R" stamped on it. I own the P226R.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post