SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recent Gunshow Experiences
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recent Gunshow Experiences Login/Join 
Picture of Catalina
posted Hide Post
Great time to be a seller! Got back 100% for a VP9 bought in 2014 that I didn't like. Found a P229 SAS 9mm "barely used" no smileys for $600.

Been hoarding ammo since '89 so I'm ok there.

Noticeable increase in Antifa and BLM shoppers. They're getting ready!

Posts: 246 | Location: O-H ! ___________ I-O ! | Registered: February 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bnz42:
What's really shocking, is the price of Enfields, and other military surplus rifles. Beat up Enfields and Mausers(non-German) are $600 and up. A nice rebuilt French 49/56 in 7.5 was $1100. A rebuilt MAS 36 was $600. Rebuilt run-of-the-mill M-1 Garands were $1100 and up.
These were prices at this weekends' Des Moines gun show.

I bought my Enfield 10 years ago for $200. They've gone crazy over the past few years...and so has the 303 ammo prices.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just attended our first one in the area for about 7-8mos, IIRC. It was a brand-new venue for our promoter, and I like it a lot. Since it was out in the far eastern end of the metro area, I saw vendors, and private-parties I've not seen before. Scored what I felt was a decent deal on a modded-frame G17 and a great deal on a nice air-rifle, too.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No shows here... ya know... the covid might get ya...

Wally World is ok though.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not been to a gun show in a few years now. Seemingly all gun prices were higher than LGS within reasonable driving distances. (Live in a very small town. One family owned local hardware store has a few guns). Purchased two guns from them over the years. Prices within reason.

Last gun show purchase was some reasonably priced Federal Nyclad ammo. Happy to find it. Still have most of it.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post