SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recent Gunshow Experiences
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recent Gunshow Experiences Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone recently gone to one? What were the prices/availability like? I'm going this weekend to one here in SWFL. Totally expect to not see any ammo.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh I'm sure you'll see plenty of ammo.

Posts: 3919 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Based on my recent experience you’ll probably see ammo, but it probably won’t be bargain priced. Neither will guns.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
This weekend, I’m going to my fist gun show In over 20 years. I’ll let you know what I see.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
Everything will be priced a little high, but I'm sure you'll be able to bargain....maybe.

I found it cheaper to buy brand new from my LGS than the gun show... However, it also depends on what you're looking for.

Let us know how it goes!

"I've heard it said that God made all men, but Samuel Colt made all men equal."

Posts: 138 | Location: CA --> TN | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard cash is king at gun shows. Is writing a check accepted as much?

And any thoughts on odds of seeing decent ammo prices? There's a show near me this weekend but debating if I want to make the drive if the prices will be similar to what I'm seeing online.

Posts: 2 | Registered: September 27, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Went to two gun shows in September. 9mm was average of $31 for a box of 50 FMJ. Lots of guns, didn't really look at prices closely.
Lots of TRUMP stuff.
Could have stayed home, but it was nice to get out of the house.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davidadner:

LOL. The only thing less popular than a liberal Democrat at a gun show is a personal check.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to a show two weeks ago. One exhibitor had mags. for more guns than I've ever seen. I asked about mags for p230/232. He said "If I have the OEM mags, they would cost $175 each."
I just lagughed and walked away.

Posts: 29 | Location: 9007 Stonebridge Dr | Registered: November 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davidadner:

And any thoughts on odds of seeing decent ammo prices? There's a show near me this weekend but debating if I want to make the drive if the prices will be similar to what I'm seeing online.

I don’t your location, but generally I’d say your chance of seeing reasonable prices on Ammo are zero. Most likely will be higher prices than you’re seeing online. Your best bet is to watch local ads where someone may be looking to make a buck, but not trying to get top dollar.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just got back from gun show in Ft Myers FL. Plenty of guns. Prices typical for a gun show, but overall normal prices. ARs few and far between, no lowers anywhere and lots of locally made ARs for around $700-not sure of the quality. SD ammo $75 a box, range 9mm $30 a box.

What was nice to see was a very diverse crowd. And lots of Trump stuff.

Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Just got back from one in Topeka. They were only letting so many people in at a time, so you had to wait for someone to leave before they let anyone else in. It went pretty fast though, and I don’t think I waited more than 3 minutes before it was my turn. Actually that was kind of nice, as it was a lot less crowded inside. They were down between 30 to 50 tables too.

We don’t seem to be having a gun shortage around here. The shops I visit have plenty, and the show vendors had full tables. Prices seemed about normal, for a show. The only people who think they have high priced guns are individuals that read about shortages on the internet.

Ammo was another thing though, there isn’t any around here. There were only a couple dealers, and they didn’t have much. Don’t know how their sales were, but they were trying to get $600.00 for 1000 rounds of Mag Tech 115 grain.

Posts: 3236 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
they were trying to get $600.00 for 1000 rounds of Mag Tech 115 grain.

They are getting it. If you look at some of the online places, .60 cents a round is cheap. Most places seem to be charging closer to .80 cents a round (and getting it).

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I have given up going to them. Its always the same vendors priced at msrp or above. So I have to pay 10 bucks to walk around with people whom havent bathed in a while. No thanks.

last good gunshow I went to was in Denver 6-8 year ago. they had a lot of vendors with really cool accessories!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I was also at the Ft Myers show yesterday. Less tables than usual were noted. More guns being sold than usual. People were lined up three deep waiting on their “instant” check along with a full double table of other buyers filling out the forms.

I didn’t see any bargains but I wasn’t expecting anything in these weird times. I did pick up some factory Glock parts for spares so it wasn’t a total loss.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I quit going to gun shows; always overpriced, and I got tired of vendors who put their firearms out for sale constantly snipping "don't touch unless I give you permission."

The straw that did it for me was a political booth seeking endorsements on a petition. The guy manning the booth shoved the clipboard at me, demanded I sign it, to which I politely held up my open hand and said "no thanks." He came around the end of the table in the booth, in the aisle, and accosted me, shouting, gesturing, threatening. Fucking idiot.

Overpriced admission, overpriced wares, usually the same tired stuff...I used to enjoy going to them, but it became the same thing every time, and only rarely did I see anything approaching a reasonable sale, let alone a bargain. I used to take the kids to them. Now I don't even go.

I bought my first Emerson knife at a gun show. Now, just online. With the prices for ammo and firearms over the top now...no.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I went to one yesterday in Belton Tx. No ammo, no components, most prices were OK on guns, but one table had every Glock at $800 or higher...dude on the next row over had the same new glocks for MSRP...

I did see two smith and Wesson revolvers in 32-20...for $700ish....but I’m not interested in starting reloading for another caliber.

I want to handle a ruger gp100 in 44 special before I commit...that’s why I went.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glocks at larger venders were still mid $500s here in FL. They had plenty.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
they were trying to get $600.00 for 1000 rounds of Mag Tech 115 grain.

They are getting it. If you look at some of the online places, .60 cents a round is cheap. Most places seem to be charging closer to .80 cents a round (and getting it).

Yep. Recently, I've seen a few ads on a local forum for stuff like CCI Blazer and Magtech 115gr 9mm pop up for $.50-.$60 a round and then get quickly sold.

Let's see what we ahve today...
Remington UMC .380 250rd bulk pack - $140. $.56/rd.
Federal XM193BK 5.56 1000rd case - $750. $.75/rd.
.30-06 AP black tip non-corrosive USGI loaded in 24 enblocs, in four bandoliers - $449. $2.33/rd

There's another dipshit on there with a handful of 20rd boxes of various calibers and everything is a buck a round. Ammo prices are batshit crazy right now. The have-nots are willing to pay through the nose to get it.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They had one not long ago in my area but I didn't go to it. A buddy went the day prior and said I am not missing anything. Prices were insane and not very much of a selection.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post