SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Stock P229 Legend front sight height
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock P229 Legend front sight height Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted
Bought a very nice P228 that the owner had put Legend sights on, they work great except they are 2" low at 10m. This is totally normal for me I have found but would like to swap them out.

So what is the stock P229 legend front sight height?

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Legend?
No matter what it is there is no set in stone sight sets.
I have seen all kinds of combos with the 228 and 229 in 9mm.
What does it have now? It can be a #6 or #8.
If it's a #6 then a #8 should get you where you want.
This is a good read and has sight # locations.
https://www.realgunreviews.com...ights-sight-numbers/

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That link is excellent and reminds me how much I love Von Stavenhagen sights.

I've found I prefer 8/8 sights on all my SIGs regardless of caliber...save for my P365 which IIRC has 6/8, but for some reason that one seems to work just dandy for me.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are the sights not marked/stamped on the Legend sights? Was it a Legend or Legion model he got the sights from? Depending on which model the sights came from is questionable. I say that as some sights,depending on caliber, if I am not mistaken, can be a #8 or a #6 height.

I replaced the #6 front sight on my P365 to a #8 and now it is dead on where I am shooting. I had the same problem as you do with it shooting low. the sights on my 365 were stamped so that made it easier to figure out.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post