Find
Notify
Tools

Bug Poll Login/Join 
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
For years it was either a 1961 vintage Colt Cobra or a 640-1. For the last few years it has been the S&W CS9 9mm that replaced both.

Thin, light weight, with better capacity and better ballistics than 38 special. I wish it had been made sooner. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Mine is a Kahr PM9 or j frame., Although neither are really bugs. Just what I carry when I need the smallest footprint possible. For true BUG to to my primary, caliber would be less important. If I ever felt the need to have a 2nd gun handy then my my primary CCW would become my BUG and Id have this in a backpack:

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kahr P9 Covert.

Posts: 190 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Mine's a 9mm Kahr CM9.

But I don't think the ".9 caliber" listed in your poll would fit in a subcompact backup gun... That's like 23mm....

Dang it, Rogue. I hate when people screw up a good story with the facts... Big Grin

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
To clarify, a BUG is an additional firearm you carry as a backup to your primary at the same time.

Not a small gun you carry instead or one of many in a 'rotation'.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
Only time I carried a BUG was on duty. It was always a S&W .38 snubby - different models, but a S&W.

That was me for e couple of decades until I went to the .380 LCP2...I still miss those wheel guns.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not on a SWAT team, I'm just a lowly Management Consultant... so I don't carry a BUG.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
To clarify, a BUG is an additional firearm you carry as a backup to your primary at the same time.

Hence, the first sentence of my post.

OK, for those of us who carry a backup sub-compact/micro in pocket or ankle or waistband or even as an occassional primary.

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
When I carry a BUG, it's a 642 .38 Special snubby.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As of my typing, 41% of folks have answered with 9mm or larger. One post mentions a G26 as a BUG. I appreciate the clarification posts about BUGs. For people carrying small 9mm BUGs, what is your carry gun? I need you folks around me when the stuff hits the fan.

For the record, I go with a Kahr PM9 for primary and S&W airlight in .38 as the ankle BUG.

"They keep telling me Jesus walked on water, well he should have surfed." -Ben Harper

Posts: 67 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: February 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

P938, when I still had it. Until V-Tail took it away from me, it was a primary carry gun in the immediate Wickenburg area Smile Now I guess I'll have to go with the P220.

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Hence, the first sentence of my post.

OK, for those of us who carry a backup sub-compact/micro in pocket or ankle or waistband or even as an occasional primary.
Gotcha, missed it. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
If i don't carry a G19, I carry an xds9.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Didn't vote because my option wasn't there. I am just an average Joe Schmo citizen and only carry one weapon which is my primary. Sometimes an H&K P30 V3 9mm sometimes a Sig P6 and Sometimes a P229 in 3537 SIG. Depending on the mood I'm in.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Seecamp LWS .32 in a Hidden Holsters front pocket holster.

Posts: 3501 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
Seecamp LWS .32...

Yup. That's my BUG also!

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
Seecamp LWS .32 in a Hidden Holsters front pocket holster.

I carry the same gun, slightly similar holster,
sometimes no holster at all, (and nothing else in that pocket)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I use a Ruger LCP, which is of course a .380, carried in my pocket. (At least I was until the frame broke. It was sent back, but as of this writing I have no word on it.) My idea of a BUG is a gun I might, under some circumstances, go to first, a little gun to fight my way to the big gun, to put another way.

Posts: 27914 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently a Shield in 40 but I may move to a P7. I carried a DB9 with success for two years as I apparently had the only working pistol they made.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I do carry a BUG it is always a 9mm. I prefer BUGs that can use the same magazines as my primary like a Glock 26 or Walther P99c.

Posts: 20 | Registered: August 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post