SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I knew that the Glock G43 was wildly popular, but I had no idea about the number produced so far
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I knew that the Glock G43 was wildly popular, but I had no idea about the number produced so far Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
That is actually mind boggling. Well done, Glock.

Posts: 66 | Registered: October 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I've had 7 Glock 43s over the past year and a half or so. I have posted this before, but I'll post it again; I have really, really, wanted this gun to work for me.

I love carrying it, I think the size is perfect, it fits my hand perfectly, I shoot it good, but after every range session I walk away saying "I don't like shooting this gun". I usually just fire 50 rounds (sometimes 100) before putting the gun up. Range sessions are 2-3 times each month, with dry fire practice 2-3 times each week.

I have 4 friends who have 43s also. Two of them sold their 43s and picked up S&W Shields and two still have them.

Early last month I found a used Glock 26 with a grip reduction and stippling job that fit my hand like it was made for me. Shot it side by side with the 43 and there was no comparison, the 26 is riding on my belt and the 43 is gone.

I switched out my last 43 for a 42 - a gun that I do enjoy shooting, it might see some carry time during the summer months.

Just my impressions of the 43, again I really wanted the gun to work for me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
I've had 7 Glock 43s over the past year and a half or so.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the reasons Glock hit a million so quickly Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of retpd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
That's a lot of guns. I bought the 43 for my 43rd birthday. Who made those grips? The Talon rubber is not abrasive enough for me.

Hopefully they don't come out with a Glock 60 in October. Wink

Still trying to decide on a Gen5 26 or a G43.

Posts: 398 | Location: Orlando | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post