SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I knew that the Glock G43 was wildly popular, but I had no idea about the number produced so far
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I knew that the Glock G43 was wildly popular, but I had no idea about the number produced so far Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Just got an email from Glock about a drawing for the one millionth G43.

Enter to win the One Millionth G43

This is nothing short of remarkable for a pistol in production, what, three years?

Here's mine, early on, before I changed to a more aggressive grip tape and before I installed on Overwatch Precision Falx trigger.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of guns. I bought the 43 for my 43rd birthday. Who made those grips? The Talon rubber is not abrasive enough for me.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn - that's a ton of G43's! I have helped them a little bit by buying two but selling one. Now, if they'll just bring out the Glock 44 - same slide but with a hi-cap metal mag like the 365 ...
I'm guessing Sr. Gaston and crew are burning the midnight oil on this one!

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
That is 6400 guns per week! Wow!

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One Million G-43's, and in (-/+) 3 years... That's impressive!

Any idea on the overall number of Glocks made?

-CHOWSER: how aggressive do you want?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Gen4 abrasiveness plus a little bit?

Somewhere between the standard gen4 and the front/rear of my CZ P10C (talk about cheese graters!).

The stock 43 grip is too loose in my hand. But if I make it too abrasive then it will tear my pocket up. I can live with it. It does it’s intended job very well (my pocket gun). I’m teying to find someone local that has the Talon rough grip so I can try it.

The 43 has become a popular off duty carry gun in my area for all the Glock issue agencies. The blue label waiting list was months.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at 3M No-Skid tape.
They use it on ladders, stairs... You can get it for about $12 a roll at Home Depot, Lowes...

You want aggressive? This is it. In my opinion, the only thing better is a good stippling job.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Got mine. It’s OD green with black slide and black rubberized talons. I tried the granulate on my G26 and it shot great but would cling to my shirt.
I have talon granulate on my 19 but I don’t conceal carry it. Night Stand and camp gun.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have the G43 Talo. Put the Talon rubberized grip on it rather than the Talon skateboard style.

Posts: 1451 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Holy Shit-ski, that IS impressive. I opted for the Springfield XDs, though these numbers speak volumes as to the number of Americans carrying CCW.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I saw that email and was pretty surprised too. I am going to enter the contest. I know I won't win but I am gonna give it a shot.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
With the growth of CCW it’s timing was perfect. Plus it’s a glock.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I've been told by a reliable source that GLOCK turns out 20-30,000 guns a WEEK.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MPrimo
posted Hide Post
I resisted for a long time ... to no avail.

I got a green one with Talon OD grip tape and 10-8 sights that goes with me everywhere. I had been out of the Glock game for years but the 43 is really a perfect solution for me.

MPrimo

Sigs, Glocks, 1911s, M&Ps ... well, you get the point!

Posts: 617 | Location: New England | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Mine has been flawless.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
since the whole mini gun rampage started Ive wondered
about round counts on these.
and
practicing, do people practice with their 17's and 19's
and then carry the 43's as either primary's or bug's ?

Maybe recoil in the little guns ,is no where near as punishing
as I think it would be,

do 43 carrier's put 150 -200 rounds through there guns,
once a month to hone their shooting skill's?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Too bad it’s dead, some other wonder compact 9MM is going to kill it <humor>

Mine (a Talo version) has been good - didn’t like the ETS magazines AT ALL, but has been fine with OEM with and without Pearce +1 and Vickers +2 basepads.

For awhile I considered going back to my Wather PPS Classic 9MM, but when I shot them head to head, I was faster with the G43 - something I didn’t expect. It took me awhile to settle on a Hogue Handall Jr, cut down as a grip sleeve. Tried the one made for the 42/43 and it was too thick on the 43 for my liking (but is awesome on the 42).

Overall it’s a great, thin, lightweight 9MM when it’s too hot or formal for a G19.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Wow.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
since the whole mini gun rampage started Ive wondered
about round counts on these.
and
practicing, do people practice with their 17's and 19's
and then carry the 43's as either primary's or bug's ?

Maybe recoil in the little guns ,is no where near as punishing
as I think it would be,

do 43 carrier's put 150 -200 rounds through there guns,
once a month to hone their shooting skill's?

I’ll do 50-150 rounds through it per trip. If I’m shooting fairly often, I like to get 50 rounds in. If I just bring it to function test, or actually practice with it, I’ll do 3 boxes. After that it starts to wear on me.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well they are about to sell one more. I hate Glock. They keep taking my damn money.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post