SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Importer SSME Deutsche Waffen Colt 1911s
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Importer SSME Deutsche Waffen Colt 1911s Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Honestly I would ask on 1911Forum.com

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you to all who replied. I do not have one of these gems but a friend does and I will try to get photos and see if he is interested in using the Colt historic service. He had some setbacks and I did not want to bother him just yet. This forum is just amazing and I try to stay in house!

Posts: 150 | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a thread with a little info on them from the 1911 forum that I came across. Seems like that 1911's were used in Bavaria (and possibly other places in Germany). There's a link to some historians site on there and you can click on each city and it lists which models of firearms they used.

https://forums.1911forum.com/s...hread.php?p=11372330

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
The discussion in you reference is about pistol issued to German and Austrian authorities under allied occupation in post war Europe, before Germany was allowed to start up their own firearms production again. It was a big mixture of everything the allied had to offer.
That is different form a “assumed” shipment a law enforcement division sometimes in the early 70’s. Such pistols would have been marked in the national language and would not use the English language as seen on those auxiliary pistols issued in Bavaria.
For your own research, start looking for European countries that issued 45 caliber guns to either military or police and countries who used 1911 pattern pistols up to about 1985. This is the year when Europe finalized the transformation to 9mm with modern type SA/DA pistols. Countries that might be of special interest would be Austria, Monaco, Luxembourg, eventually Norway. Germany most likely is not. They had enough know how to set the new bench mark along with the S&W M39/59.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post