SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Importer SSME Deutsche Waffen Colt 1911s
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Importer SSME Deutsche Waffen Colt 1911s Login/Join 
posted
Seeking info on those Colt Series 70 MKIVs that were sold in the early 2000s by SSME Deutsche Waffen in Plant City Florida. Its my understanding these pieces were exported to Europe under an LE contract that never panned out. SSME brought imported them back to US and sold them for about $600 each usually at the Lakeland Florida gunshow. Question is does anyone know who the LE contract was for and which European country was involved?

Posts: 150 | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deutsche means Dutch. Not sure if that means they were sent there or not. I've never heard of them or this batch of guns.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't sure about the Dutch correlation as I thought Deutsche meant German. Either way it was my understanding the now defunct SSME Deutsche Waffen, imported several German firearms such as the P-38s and Glock P9Ms police trade-ins. I just found it hard to believe a German law enforcement agency would pursue the 1911 platform while having so many pistol options closer to home. These particular Series 70 MKIVs I'm referring to displayed a small stamping/engraving "SSME Plant Cty" on the receiver and were NIB even though they were from the late 1970s.
If I happen to locate one, I guess I could pay for research service Colt offers its customers.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Deutsche means Dutch. Not sure if that means they were sent there or not. I've never heard of them or this batch of guns.

https://www.google.com/search?...=en-us&client=safari

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deutschland = Germany. That and "Sprechen sie Deutsch?" are some of the very, very few things I retained from taking German in high school.

I've never heard of these, but am very interested in finding out more!

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Deutsche means Dutch.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Deutsche means Dutch.

Learn something new from Jimmy every day.

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Deutsche means Dutch.

Learn something new from Jimmy every day.

I mean even when it’s wrong a fuck, you learn. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
RHINO, the sprechen sie talk video was an inspired choice.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
And "waffen" means "waffle", so what they imported were a bunch of early 20th century Dutch gun shaped waffles.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Jimmy, you should probably learn to use a search engine and apply those new skills before you post.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
And "waffen" means "waffle", so what they imported were a bunch of early 20th century Dutch gun shaped waffles.

LOL

By the way the "Pennsylvania Dutch" aren't Dutch. They're Germans. (Deutsches)

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I mean even when it’s wrong as fuck, you learn. Wink

That's some good cut /signature line material right there.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Aren't these the guys who were going to bring in the Schmeisser branded striker fired 9mm pistols? Finding current information on them or their guns has been like looking for hens' teeth in a glue factory.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOOPS. I guess my mistake was good for a few good laughs at least. LOL

posted Hide Post
No problem Jim. I just wish someone could answer the post with some good info.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomday:
No problem Jim. I just wish someone could answer the post with some good info.

Maybe contact some dealers around/near the Lakeland gun show that have been vendors there for a long time. Someone might know who was involved and can put you together with them.

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
European police departments and military serviced use ownership markings and have the guns proof fired. So, if one of these Colts saw service in Europe with a public service, it most likely would have such markings. For further information, pictures of said markings are needed. If there is no such info, you might as well contact Deutsche Waffen and ask them.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

I had some nice “stroopwafel” on a flight back from Austin last year. Pretty tasty. The Dutch know how to waffle!

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
So there’s not much chance Colt would know anything about these?

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post