SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question : Glock 17/19 Gen 5 MOS, Night Sights and RMR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question : Glock 17/19 Gen 5 MOS, Night Sights and RMR Login/Join 
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted
I don't have any experience with RMRs. So let me ask those who does.

If I want to get a G19 or G17 Gen 5 MOS, (I will NOT use suppressor), do I need a specific night sights that will co-witness with Trijicon RMR or any other brand Hologram/Red dot sights? Or will any night sights work with different brand hologram/red dot sights?

I am thinking Trijicon RMR06 and Trijicon HD XR (Part #600836).

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
You'll need suppressor height sights whether or not you use a suppressor.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
Depending on the red dot and sights, they'll either protrude a lot or barely peek over the edge of the red dot. I use a RMR06 with the Ameriglo all steel sights and I can see just enough of the sights for them to be useful.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Ameriglo GL-507 is what I used for my RMR setup. Taller than Ameriglo's other offerings, and completely silhouette black which is what I prefer when using any cowitnessed RDS so as not to provide any added visual 'noise' to the sight picture. YMMV. I chose an always-on RM02 for my MOS Gen4 G19 with the intent of it being a defensive weapon at some point rather than just another range toy.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post