SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New to me P220 Elite Stainless- anything to know?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me P220 Elite Stainless- anything to know? Login/Join 
posted
Hello All,

I put a deposit on a P220 Elite Stainless today. It will probably be about 2-3 weeks before I pay it off, and then I have to wait 10 days to pick it up.

Since Photobucket changed their policies, I haven't set up any hosting photo accounts, but I am sure you know what they look like.

Mine has a few small black 'splotches' around where the grip met the frame, that are linked to corrosion. The steel has been stabilized, and they are small marks. It let me afford the gun, so I am ok with it- even though the wooden grips are toast [comes with hogue rubber or something- I'll E2 them].

So, I am very familiar with .45acp. I have 4 1911s in .45, a G30sf and a Ruger P97.

I am not concerned with caliber-related concerns, really.

I also am familiar with the installed SRT, as I have that, with the short trigger and the AE package, on my 2002 P225.

But, Other than those elements, I don't know much about this design.

Is there anything I should be watching for? Any tips on installing the E2 grip and conversion kit?

Any other areas to watch for?

Thanks in advance.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I have no interest in the E2 grips, I like the Hogue G10 grips. But I do recommend you order and install a Grayguns P-SAIT trigger. I installed one in my P220 stainless elite, and it rocks. Makes a great gun that much better.

Clean the internal action parts and lightly lube them. You might be able to remove the corrosion with a gentle application of Flitz metal polish or Barkeepers Friend. Go easy on the metal polish.

Enjoy your new SIG.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Most all of my P220s have a solid guide rod, checkered aluminum grips, SRT kit. Only one has the Gray Guns trigger and the rest are 8mm.

Only issue I can think of is you will run out of 45s quicker than you hoped. Big Grin

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post