SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Slight problem with new P938
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slight problem with new P938 Login/Join 
posted
Good evening everyone. I bought a new P938 last Friday and decided to field strip it and put a little oil on it. I went to video world to watch a few vids and started on mine. After removing the take down lever the slide didnt just slide off. I went back and watched as many as 6 or 7 videos and every video showed the slide simply sliding right off. After playing around with it I came to understand that if pushed the slide backwards about 3/16” and then slightly pull the trigger, the slide comes right off. The issue is the top edge of the Ejector sits up a bit too tall. Is this something that Sig should fix or should I just take it to a local Smith and pay them to fix it? It would cost me postage/freight plus transfer fees back and forth or would Sig pick up the entire tab?

P220 KF
P228 KB

Posts: 61 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: December 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
It's a brand new gun. Give it some time and don't baby it.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Take the mag out first.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post