SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig owner: P229C in 9mm (NIB)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig owner: P229C in 9mm (NIB) Login/Join 
Picture of FlyingFrisian
posted
Finally.... I registered here on December 27, 2016 and posted for the first time a couple of days later. Had just joined a range and was trying out different guns.

Really liked the P229 but then life got in the way and never got round to buying one.

Leave it to me to pick the worst time to go shop for a gun, but finally was in a position to go try and buy my first Sig at the end of last month.

As this was going to be my first purchase, I wanted to buy local, deal with someone face-2-face and inspect the gun.

Saw a P229C in 9mm advertised on GunsAmerica by a local Atlanta dealer, NIB (!!!!) for a decent price. Transaction was smooth and easy (have had my Carry License for a while now), and the gun is home with me!

I’ve read quite a bit about the P229C, and it appears the opinions are quite divided. It is a discontinued limited edition model (sp spare parts could be an issue), and the fact that it’s a mash-up of the P224 and the P229 rubs some folks the wrong way. Some folks don’t like the looks of the shortened slide and the full-size grip, others really like it.

I still have to take it to the range but so far I’m really happy with it. Obviously it’s been sitting for a while (manufacturing date October 2016). I’ve cleaned and lubed (greased) it, and it feeds and ejects nicely when cycling the slide. Really like the balance and overall feel. I intend to carry this (OWB) and currently looking at P224 holsters for that.

Hopefully it shoots as good as it looks and feels!

Range report to follow soon hopefully.

Posts: 11 | Registered: December 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great choice.

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Great choice. They are extremely hard to find in 9mm.
I almost bought one new years ago while I was working at a gun store and regretted not buying it. I ended up buying a standard P229 around the same time instead.
Fast forward a few years later and I lucked out, one of our members here was selling one so I bought it.
I shoot it only to stay proficient with it as to not wear out any components that you are unable to find. I do not use it as a regular range gun. When I do shoot it for me it is very accurate and shoots nice.
I called Sig when I first got it to inquire about spare springs just to have, I was told they do not have any to sell but did keep some spare parts to to cover guns sent back for repair. That was about three years ago so I am not sure if they still stock parts.
Enjoy your new gun.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a great find!

I don’t know much about the P229C. But I do remember reading about them when they were first released. I was very intrigued by the idea and really wanted to try one. Unfortunately at the time I did not have sufficient funds to be purchasing firearms.

Unfortunately, I think the P229C was released at a time when gun owners had a lot of new options and it just got lost in a very crowded market.

Posts: 6608 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Nice! Congrats!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
I would love to see some Pics!

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Any 229 in 9mm is a complete pussycat to shoot, unlike its .40 parent platform which can be a bit on the snappy side to some. You’ll enjoy it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice score!

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingFrisian
posted Hide Post
Happy to report back from the range: the gun performed flawlessly. Shot 200 rounds of FMJ and then switched to 115 and 124 gr. Elite V-Crown JHP to make sure the gun performs with self-defense ammo when needed.

Couldn’t be happier and as a bonus the wife shoots it really well. She gravitated to the DA/SA set-up, without me pushing her one way or the other.

Have a High-Noon OWB holster on order, will post a review if folks are interested.

A big Thank You to all the members here that have shared their knowledge and insights here; it really helped me navigate and decide on this gun.

Posts: 11 | Registered: December 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thumbbreak
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great pickup! Enjoy!

Posts: 192 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats, love my 229

Posts: 28 | Location: Fort Worth Texas | Registered: January 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Nice! Last year I was able to grab a used mint condition P229C SAS .40 off GB for a little over $700. Added a 357 SIG to the package later. It's definately one of my favorites. Congrats.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks funny. meh

sig nut', haulin' 3 sig 228's

Posts: 264 | Location: over lookin' beach and border | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post