SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My new/old P225
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new/old P225 Login/Join 
posted
About two weeks ago I was looking around on Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore and I saw that had a some decent police trade in P225s with two mags and night sights. I rolled the dice and got one. Very nice. Pretty clean with old school Sig goodness and coolness.

Front sight is Trijicon 99 marked and the rear is Trijicon 98 marked. Very little glow left. The gun itself is very clean. A little scrape on the rear right of the slide and some minor scratching on the front of the frame/grip. Grips a very clean with no divots or cracks. Very light smilies on the barrel and the op rod is clear of any finish wear. Bore is clean as well. KF date code. No wear on the rail either. Just a little lint in her. Overall I think I did good.

[IMG:left] [/IMG] [IMG:left] [/IMG] [IMG:left] [/IMG] [IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Looks great. Congrats.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Why my picks are upside down is beyond me...

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
That's a real beauty. As you said, judging from the minimal smiles on the barrel, I doubt if the LEO ever shot it other than to qualify. Even the mag looks barely used. Very nice pick-up.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Nice score! The P225 is my original CCW and the only thing that stinks is the sub-par trigger pull. Otherwise, hail the SF standard-bearer!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Well done.

While there are a lot of new Sigs out there, Classic Sigs still are some of the most beautiful, IMO.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Conrats, a real beauty! After getting a like new p6 last year, i really started to appeeciate the design and am looking for a p225 in good condition like yours. Congrats!

Posts: 471 | Registered: September 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Good score.
$?

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. My 225 is my favorite pistol I have. Just feels right.
Yours is in very nice shape. I have one from 1982 that's been around the block a few times but wouldn't sell it for anything.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Found this one for $549.99 including shipping. Considering Gunbroker prices for these now I thought I did OK.

As a LEO and firearms instructor I believe this may have been an "armory gun". Used when someone's gun was getting fixed or put away in eveidence and they needed a gun to "borrow" for a period of time.

Love the thing. Had a P6 and it was close but, not the same...

The first Sig I held and dreamed about as a kid was the P225.

posted Hide Post
Thats great price! Awesome.

Posts: 471 | Registered: September 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Very nice!!!
Had I spotted this for sale somewhere, I would have jumped on it.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice score. Love me some 225

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Good catch!

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Nice catch. P225 is one of if not my favorite Sig.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2762 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
You did good!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very Nice!
Some SIG Single Stack Sweetness ! ! !

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
You did good!

Posts: 9039 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
225 is a great model. Good for you!

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trijicon can re-lamp the sights for $57.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en...rn_authorization.php

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post