SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    RMR cut side w/ Delta Point Micro?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RMR cut side w/ Delta Point Micro? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I'm still waiting for the Delta Point Micro to start shipping. Would like to try it before committing to either RMR or DP. I have an RMR on a P80 RMR cut slide.

Question: Do you think the DP Micro would be okay if mounted to an P80 slide with the RMR cutout? I was thinking about buying standard slide for the DP Micro. But I was thinking perhaps I should buy the RMR cut slide just in case I prefer the RMR over the Micro.

Would the Micro be okay - I think so. Would the slide be okay? Probably, I'm guessing it wouldn't torque unnaturally even if an RMR wasn't mounted. I guess even, worst case, I could buy some sort of adapter to fill in the gap?

So, I think buying the RMR cut slide is the way to go. But just checking if it's ill advised.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Sig Romeo Pro 1 is very similar to the Delta Point Pro. It is about 2/3's of the height of the DPP. If your P80 is for a Glock 19, I doubt that the Romeo Pro 1 would be a problem.
Apparently Sig hired one of the Leupold engineers to design and build a similar product. The Romeo Pro 1 appears to be robust.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Yes, this is for a 19 (and for a 20).

I have an RMR for the 19 already. I'm getting a DP Micro to compare. If I don't like the Micro, I'll stick w/ the RMR. But hoping to leverage the slide investment whichever way I go.

So, if I like the Micro, I hope it's gtg on an rmr cut slide. If I prefer the RMR, then I'll reuse the slide and install another RMR.

Just not sure if the RMR cut slide would have any issues with the Micro. I'm guessing not but not sure.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post