SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gun Range is Still Open... Life is Good
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Range is Still Open... Life is Good Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted
My gun club is a lesson in American Exceptionalism and ingenuity. They've shut down every other lane to keep people from getting too close and have a very good policy of wiping down everything between shooters with bleach water and lysol.
So the wife and I decided to brave the unwashed masses and try some take out Chick-fil-A and an hour at the that range. Anyone else getting the range to themselves this weekend like we did?
Our top HD firearms went with us.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I last went to the range about a week-and-a-half ago. Given the risk categories into which both my wife (most importantly) and I fall, I've decided I can forgo it for a while. I've forgone shooting for a lot longer, for a lot less reason.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot some 200 yard benchrest this weekend.

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Nice and great picture!

I am anxious to go shooting soon too. Glad to hear about the precautions they took and hopefully my range does the same or has supplies to do so. I figured I would at least bring some paper towels to cover the range booth table if need be and I carry a small bottle of Purell with me everywhere.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Our indoor gun club range is still open. The employees are dressed in gloves/masks and they sanitized everything. About 90% of their ammunition and guns were sold. They stayed open because they provide use of their range for regular local LEO training. About 90% of their ammunition and guns were sold out.

I was able to put 150 rds through my latest 1911.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
My range is open...it's a private club, so typically when you go you get a whole area to yourself anyway, so it's basically just an outdoor activity. My son and I went yesterday and shot a new load I've been working up for my Marlin 1894 in .45 Colt, my 1911, and "new" P245.

I had a couple of failure-to-feed issues with the P245 (not sure if it's my reloads or something with the gun...I already have new springs on order so we'll see if that helps. The 1911 has been eating this same 230gr ball load for months and loves it.), and the .45 Colt load still needs some development, but it was great to get out and shoot for a bit.

My son (11 y/o) was initially kinda mopey about leaving the TV, but I think by the time we were done he was glad he got out, too.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in the woods and have been shooting regularly off my back deck. It's too windy to go through the woods to my 100 yard range.

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLD_COP:
I live in the woods and have been shooting regularly off my back deck. It's too windy to go through the woods to my 100 yard range.

Just curious: how many acres do you need to feel comfortable shooting on your own property?

The club range I belong to is an outdoor range and is closed until further notice.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
I went out this morning to an outdoor range. It was nice to get out for a few hours on a beautiful Sunday. I need to get back into the dry fire habit.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My range went to limited hours yesterday but had announced today shutdown until mid April when an employee 's relative diagnosed positive Covid19.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My indoor range is open, but in current times the 1 hour drive to the outdoor range made sense.
Shooting outdoors is so much better than the indoor range, damn it’s wonderful.
That along with nobody is ever there when I go so I can setup multiple steel targets and etc...
Really a all day trip but so worth it.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
My range is closed. It's a small and not crowded place to begin with. They closed all the ranges in the state.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim Bridger
posted Hide Post
Here in Wyoming we have endless miles of Open Range. There are no restrictions here regarding shooting and the flu.
The problem I have it just keeps snowing.

Posts: 54 | Registered: March 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
I don't think I would be going to a indoor range. Outdoor yes

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
My outdoor range (private) closed.
Fear of the IL.Democratic Governor suing was the reason.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
Was on my range in the woods this afternoon and shot with a friend. No problem with distancing.
Windy but a warm 55deg.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Bridger:
Here in Wyoming we have endless miles of Open Range. There are no restrictions here regarding shooting and the flu.
The problem I have it just keeps snowing.

I miss that piece of living in WY (the open range, not the snow)!

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sure feel lucky to have my own little range after reading this. I'm glad you are able to enjoy your range through all the closings going on right now.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My clubs outdoor range postponed organized matches which often attract 70+ shooters, but members can go anytime. Went a couple days ago 2 other members there.
The local indoor range is still open. They reserve the first 2 hours of the day (10-12) for high risk individuals and with the constant flow of air in the range and the filtration they have I figure it might be the safest place in town.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
My clubs outdoor range postponed organized matches which often attract 70+ shooters, but members can go anytime.

This is exactly how our club has handled it. Members have the combination to the gate, and can go out themselves, but it is recommended they practice the "social distancing" (6ft) guidelines.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post