SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 carry Login/Join 
posted
Has there been any update on when the new p210 carry will be available?

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig-Sauer has a reputation for taking their time with this sort of thing. I'd be surprised if it happens before January 2021. But that's just a guess.

Posts: 468 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
Last time I spoke to Sig while placing an order I was told late summer. This seems to be typical of Sig releases. However, this was pre Chinese virus, riots, and all things terrible of 2020.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, with all that's been going on, I suspect that we'll not see it make it out of the gate this year. Maybe never.

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Vaporware. Believe it when you see it. There was a time when they made outstanding products. But their marketing dept needs to be taken out behind the barn and shot. My new gun fund is so bloated it can't walk. Guess I live so far into the backwoods they never give us a thought.

Not that I need a new gun, or even an old one. But from time to time I'd like to have one. Not a bunch, just one or maybe two if if it caught my eye. But they need to be made to do that, and then distributed to the folks who want them and can afford them (me). I'm angry and upset because there aren't many guns I'd like to buy, but this is one of them.

Gun shows seem to be a thing of the past. Too many (maybe 10%) of the attendees seem to be dirty slobs. The kind that would carry in viri (is that the plural of virus)? Hell, I might even buy a P210-1 if I found one and it was in great condition. I know, that's not likely either.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Between the Corona scare and the riots, sales of defensive-type guns have soared.

A gun company, in the business to make money, might want to concentrate production on existing hot sellers right now. They will sell, and in quantity.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'd certainly like to hear an update from SIG.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:
Between the Corona scare and the riots, sales of defensive-type guns have soared. A gun company, in the business to make money, might want to concentrate production on existing hot sellers right now. They will sell, and in quantity.
What gun companies should do is sell the highest margin firearm possible in light of the overall demand so long as its quality befits the firm's reputation. Unfortunately Sig Exeter has a way of announcing new firearm designs and taking a very long time bringing them to market, if ever.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:
Between the Corona scare and the riots, sales of defensive-type guns have soared. A gun company, in the business to make money, might want to concentrate production on existing hot sellers right now. They will sell, and in quantity.
What gun companies should do is sell the highest margin firearm possible in light of the overall demand so long as its quality befits the firm's reputation. Unfortunately Sig Exeter has a way of announcing new firearm designs and taking a very long time bringing them to market, if ever.

Or getting rid of them right away like the P210 standard which is on my short list.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Agreed, that too is a Sig corporate symptom. Piss-poor market diligence or product/promotional strategy has led to many “here today, gone tomorrow” product line decisions.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
It is wildly unfair to call it “vaporware”. Sig is known for announcing early, and frankly, I’d rather they take their time and get it right than rush it out the door to meet some marketing timeline.

With the economy being what it is, now is the wrong time to release a new product anyway, particularly one that is a premium product. Better they crank out 320s and 365 pistols for the time being.

Patience is a virtue.

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post